PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum hoses f*****g things!!!!

Mongo
Monday 30th May 2011, 22:42
Hi all sorry to keep going on but im well and truely stuck!!
With nurburgring in 2 weeks ive got to get my car up to scratch.
Basicly my new engines in and running ok i have the 19t turbo wich looses a vac due to the blanking plate? Is that right thats what iv heard. http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/gorjuzjoe/46b843c9.jpg just see it on the right.
My vacuums on my old engine had 3 pipes going in to the intake manifold 1: dump valve 2: to the little valve on the fan 3: ??????? Mystery.http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/gorjuzjoe/d8dc2595.jpg On the vac tree i had the fuel reg vacuum and thats it.
Does any body no what other vacuum is used off the inlet apart from the ones ive stated that are being used at the moment? The new engine only had the 2 on the intake and one blank but its not boosting proply 0.7 should be 1.2 and its a bit rough on idle but general drivings ok on runs.
Please help if you no anything pretty desprate to sort it ive looked for days and givin up onit now.
THANKS

merc85
Monday 30th May 2011, 23:08
The vac line off the intake that you are pointing to would be used to actuate a Dump Valve, as normally it would control the recirc valve that has been Blanked off.

Hope this helps,

Also the line next to the one you are pointing at control's the charcal canister.

Mongo
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 07:50
Yes the one under the one im pointing at has the dump valve conected to it and i think the charcol filter is the right hand side one which is cliped to the fan im just missing one sumwere and i cant find it iv looked for hours over the weekend but im certan its missin a vac somwere due to the boost and the lumpy idle. The fuel reg vac (creamy white plastic hose) is on the vac tree
Thanks

Mongo
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 16:59
Anybody else got any ideas im pulling my hair out here iv got a vac diagram bt still nothing! Thanks

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 19:06
is there a air pipe for the cruise?