PDA

View Full Version : Mums new motor

t5 pete
Monday 30th May 2011, 20:45
We went today and she ended up buying this and collecting it saturday
they certainly are nice motors more pics to follow

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/KGrHqMOKjME0d2QwSVIBNMZYP3Lw_12.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Monday 30th May 2011, 20:59
that's lovely

The Flying Moose
Monday 30th May 2011, 21:23
If only I had the money... probably my most commonly used phrase!

t5 pete
Monday 30th May 2011, 21:26
If only I had the money... probably my most commonly used phrase!

lol i was tempted to sell the house and buy a jag they had but then woke up lol

t5_monkey
Monday 30th May 2011, 22:12
looks great :) they are quite elegant those coupes

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 00:50
looks great :) they are quite elegant those coupes

I have to admit im with you on the looks of the car monkey, in my opinion not alot of convertibles look better. The only problem with the C70 is no matter where I read they say it has a "completely uninspiring drive" and lacks any real lust and composure. If I were to spend good money on a high end convertible I would want that too.

Out of interest pete what engine lye's under the bonet?

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 00:51

A Ford ? :)

volvokid
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 09:19
I have to admit im with you on the looks of the car monkey, in my opinion not alot of convertibles look better. The only problem with the C70 is no matter where I read they say it has a "completely uninspiring drive" and lacks any real lust and composure. If I were to spend good money on a high end convertible I would want that too.

I wouldnt say there not a drivers car there more refined than the 850 and not as raw. The C70 T5 imo would out handle any standard 850 they feel much more stable even with the roof down.

t5 pete
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 09:35

its the 2.5 t5 engine

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 13:39
I'd have one tomorrow but then I would have to start tinkering from scratch.

Larger FMIC - Larger Injectors - bigger turbo - remap.

It would be cool though my wife would never speak to me again. Especially as her old Honda needs replacing first. They are not that practical & we need something with fold down seats.

lance
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 20:53
V50 2.0D for the Mrs C70 T5 for your good self, nice car Pete.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 21:21
I'd have one tomorrow but then I would have to start tinkering from scratch.

Larger FMIC - Larger Injectors - bigger turbo - remap.

It would be cool though my wife would never speak to me again. Especially as her old Honda needs replacing first. They are not that practical & we need something with fold down seats.

Bolt ons and a hybrid turbo is about as far as you want to go with the Focus block - after that you get the block bursting issue.