PDA

View Full Version : Higher the gear, Higher the boost...

silverswedemachine
Sunday 29th May 2011, 20:45
Got an MBC fitted at the mo, I fitted one because i thought it would be more consistant with boost levels over the nanny one but it still does what it wants, 2nd gear just short of the white, 3rd the same, 4th end of the white and 5th it just boosts past the end about 2 or 3 needle widths... Kinda think the ignition aint up to it, the boost does flutter slightly at max boost in those 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration runs... I would have thought the boost level would remain constant in all gears... Dizzy, rotor, plugs all under 6 months old...

Any ideas...

cherry1809
Monday 30th May 2011, 09:10
Apart from 1st I'm pretty sure mine boosts the same in all gears.
Wouldn't have thought it was a leak, Else it would drop back in all gears.
Odd one that.

smithy
Monday 30th May 2011, 09:28
Got an MBC fitted at the mo, I fitted one because i thought it would be more consistant with boost levels over the nanny one but it still does what it wants, 2nd gear just short of the white, 3rd the same, 4th end of the white and 5th it just boosts past the end about 2 or 3 needle widths... Kinda think the ignition aint up to it, the boost does flutter slightly at max boost in those 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration runs... I would have thought the boost level would remain constant in all gears... Dizzy, rotor, plugs all under 6 months old...

Any ideas...

readjust the actuator mate it needs tightening or its nackered also what mbc you using mate

silverswedemachine
Monday 30th May 2011, 13:50
Its got a R-Spec MBC on it, i will readjust the wastegate and see what happens...

cheers

silverswedemachine
Monday 30th May 2011, 20:38
Put a turn and a half on the actuator and re-adjusted the MBC and now sat solid on the end of the white, dont think its spiking either... Result...

smithy
Tuesday 31st May 2011, 07:07
glad we could help mate