PDA

View Full Version : Noise from engine

steveT5
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 22:57
Hi All,
The wife took the car in to Nottingham today, when i got it back i noticed that the noise from the engine seemed to be louder. I went for a spin. Just before i reached home i accelerated pretty hard and when i came off the gas there was what i can only describe as a growling noise for no more than a second.
Any ideas folks ?

Thanks, Steve.

Justin
Thursday 9th December 2004, 00:28
Could be an exhaust leak, but its hard to diagnose i noise described in text mate :(

Are you sure its from the engine ??

Markzx
Thursday 9th December 2004, 13:33
Hi All,
The wife took the car in to Nottingham today, when i got it back i noticed that the noise from the engine seemed to be louder. I went for a spin. Just before i reached home i accelerated pretty hard and when i came off the gas there was what i can only describe as a growling noise for no more than a second.
Any ideas folks ?

Thanks, Steve.

Yep Justin proberbly right. If your wife is anything like mine shes proberbly gone over some huge curb and torn half you exhaust off. I once got home to find the front bumper of the Range Rover we had at the time with a dirty great big cleft in the middle. When I asked what happen she informed me how she'd run over one of the steel post in Sainbury's carpark. She'd actually ripped the thing clean out of the ground and dragged it and its concrete rooting block sevral hundred yards. Took lumps out of the diff casings. Gets me though she never stopped or reported it.

She's killed several of the kids bikes, because if she feels any resistance she just gives it more boot. We were having building work carried out and as she reversed out she caught the inside edge of the front wheel arch on a 2.5 ton oak beam. She was going slow so it stopped her. Did she get out and see what was halting her progress (remember at this stage she has killed 3 push bikes), no, more gas and ripped the complete front end off her BMW. £3500 worth of damage. Never thinks, I wonder what is preventing me from moving. Thank god so far its not been any of the kids or dogs. :eek:

You let her Drive your car? :hidesbehi

I won't ever again.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 9th December 2004, 13:57
You let her Drive your car? :hidesbehi

I won't ever again.

I'd hide too Mr!!!! :shifty: :dgrin: LOL

x

steveT5
Thursday 9th December 2004, 21:49
Hi all, its strange but the car seems ok today so fingers crossed should be ok.
Thats a pretty grim story you have there Mark, you have my sympathy. can't you get her a banger to get around in ? Donna has scuffed the back bumper, a wall moved while she was reversing apparentley!!! We wouldn't want to label all lady drivers the same, would we mrs M ?

Salvo
Thursday 9th December 2004, 22:16
Hi All,
Any ideas folks ?

Thanks, Steve.
what car is it,and what engine

Murphy
Thursday 9th December 2004, 23:43
what car is it,and what engine

Steve drives a 1997/98 V70 T5 Auto ?!?!

Mrsmopp
Friday 10th December 2004, 00:17
Thats a pretty grim story you have there Mark, you have my sympathy. can't you get her a banger to get around in ? Donna has scuffed the back bumper, a wall moved while she was reversing apparentley!!! We wouldn't want to label all lady drivers the same, would we mrs M ?

LOL! No we wouldn't!! (at this point i will retain my dignity and refrain from telling folk about a few wee "accidents" that i have had in the past!!)

x

Markzx
Friday 10th December 2004, 13:31

A Banger you are joking.
1, If I did. When I got out of hospital she would have destroyed half the county because it wouldn't matter bashing into things if it was an old banger.

2, As god is my witness I kid you not all above is true. Last summer she borrowed the 850 T5 estate to go to the garden centre. Upon returning home she drove into the courtyard and straight into my Z that had only 2 days previously returned from having a full colour change and body kit.

3, Whilst her car has been in the garage for repairs she has been using my Celica. When I got home last night I found it now has a reprofiled O/S rear wheel arch.

Nope i'm not saying all women are bad driver just my wife. Come to think of it her dad spends his time feprofiling rear wheel arches and ripping exhausts off.

Markzx
Friday 10th December 2004, 13:41
LOL! No we wouldn't!! (at this point i will retain my dignity and refrain from telling folk about a few wee "accidents" that i have had in the past!!)

x

I can tell you that i'm in the transport industry and my experience of Lady drivers is they are either exectionally good or crap. Where as most blokes are average and think they are the best drivers ever.

We have 4 lady drivers as opposed to 58 men (well they claim to be, but most act more like naughty children)

I'd have to be honest and say that 1 of the ladies is in my 5 best drivers and 3 more in my top 10, but 1 is about our worst. However, employment law and the fact of the cudos you get from having Lady HGV 1 drivers means her job is safe.

Mrsmopp
Friday 10th December 2004, 14:31
I can tell you that i'm in the transport industry and my experience of Lady drivers is they are either exectionally good or crap.

hmmmmmm :shifty: Wonder which one of those categories I come under?

x

Pedro Fandango
Friday 10th December 2004, 16:06
hmmmmmm :shifty: Wonder which one of those categories I come under?
shall we have a vote (or shall i just go away & hide)

Tomcat
Saturday 11th December 2004, 21:42
I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not, my wife doesnt drive hence my car is safe. Unfortunately this means I get treated like a bloody taxi and get ordered to go here there and everywhere.

Which would you rather have the peice and quite you get when she buggers off out in the car or the anoyance of being shoved out the front door every time she remembers something she forgot to get? :shifty:

Markzx
Monday 13th December 2004, 11:43
I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not, my wife doesnt drive hence my car is safe. Unfortunately this means I get treated like a bloody taxi and get ordered to go here there and everywhere.

Which would you rather have the peice and quite you get when she buggers off out in the car or the anoyance of being shoved out the front door every time she remembers something she forgot to get? :shifty:

OK its not good if she bends her own car, but I can always see the funny side, and you know it doesn't mater what inanimate object she hits. It is always someone elses fault.

what does bother me is when she bends mine :eek: :help: :D

Get her a car and park yours in the next street.

Goof
Monday 13th December 2004, 16:00
Mate of mine had the ideal wife/car solution:- bought her a nice Discovery, she bent it, he repaired it and sold it. Then bought a car half the value, she bent it, he repaired it and sold it. Then bought a car half the value, she bent it, etc... Anyway in a couple of years she went from top-of-the-range Discovery down to a scabby 10 year old white Citroen! - she didn't bend any more cars!