PDA

View Full Version : Speed rating

t4 chump
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 18:09
Is it legel to use v rated tyres on a t4? Or do i need w rated?

Santa
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 18:35
probably not illegal but you should really use recommended ratings

t5 stealth
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 18:38
this should help .
http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyrspeed.html

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 19:45
As t5 stealth idicated.

V rated tyres are tested to be safe up to speeds of 149mph.

You will have no issues there whatsoever.

t4 chump
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 19:50
As t5 stealth idicated.

V rated tyres are tested to be safe up to speeds of 149mph.

You will have no issues there whatsoever.

My only concern is about voiding my insurance just heard horror story's thats all. The joys of motoringlol

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 20:21
Im affraid I couldnt possibly advise on an insurance point of view.

I am pretty sure however that all tyres fitted to your car should by regulation be of the same speed rating.

wegal
Thursday 26th May 2011, 11:45
its not just spped rating it acceleration and loading.

There should be very little in the price between the V and W rated. Put the right tyres on it and sleep properly at night.

Saving a few quid can often cost you dear in the long run. Your tyres are THE most important part of your car after your brakes. Never skimp on rubber... you never know where that will end up :-)

t5_monkey
Thursday 26th May 2011, 12:57
I think all this stuff about different types of tyres voiding your insurance is rubbish, if it can pass an MOT it's safe for the road - simples!

Insurers would use any excuse to try and not pay out, that's why they need bitch slapping & being sued in such cases to put them off playing us all.

t4 chump
Thursday 26th May 2011, 20:43
Ive read a few threads online about this subject and its a very very angery one with the insurance. I think theyd void it for having your stereo tuned into chris moyles at 10:01 or for parking half inch off your usually space. Its all sorted now got the tyres fitted today the the bigger load rating as well so shud be gud for another 20k. Off subject how much did everyones insurance go up at renewel? Mine was nearly double and id not claimed!!!!

LiamT4
Thursday 26th May 2011, 20:58
Insurance companies are really starting to p*** me off, although mine have been good for me, i'm talking about my girlfriends.
My insurance dropped £30 this year. When we moved house my insurance stayed the same, only moved 1 mile away.
But my girlfriends went up £400! Then another £200 when we moved! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay £900 for my s70r and she pays £1700 for her c2 vts, which is apparently insurance group 8, b******.

t4 chump
Thursday 26th May 2011, 21:11
I pay £900 for my s70r and she pays £1700 for her c2 vts, which is apparently insurance group 8, b******.

Group 8 and its that much jesus mine a third of that and its group 14 (i think) robbing fatherless children!!!

LiamT4
Thursday 26th May 2011, 21:18
To think we pay £2600 on car insrance each year between us, scary when you look at it like that.

She had someone reverse into her last year and i'm starting to wonder if they've made a mistake and put it down as coming off her insurance, to make it go up that much.

t4 chump
Thursday 26th May 2011, 21:28
Theys gotta be some reason because no way shud it go up that much! I argued with swiftcover and they replied with the " its been to do with all the uninsured drivers having accidents" and " the claims thru the snow have put everyones up" so i canceled then they sed" we haveto advise u that if u keep a veichle even off rd uninsured it can be seized then they sent a letter stating it and to rei sure with them. Shame id already got it a lot cheaper than them!! Lol my insurance bill used to be around £1200 mark for t4 and big lt35

scoobysn7x
Friday 27th May 2011, 09:56
Insurance is just stupid, I'd been with swift cover for 5 years alway been good, my policy ran out in feb, I sold my car in jan but just kept the policy on, when I got my new car V40 T4 they quoted my £700 and odd quid about £75 a month I think, I was paying £51 a month for my S40 T4 in 2010 FFS!!!, I'm 34 12 years no claims discount & I'm still getting stupid quotes. I'd loved swift cover being able to print off you insurance docs whenever you want was brillant (always losing my policy docs), but in the end went to admiral got better cover (gauranteed no claims (as many claims as I like and won't lose any NCD)) lower excess & all for £49 a month, rang swift cover to see if they could match the price so I could stay with them and computer says no!, they said price on website was the best they could do and would not price match, then phone me 2 weeks down the line to see why I hadn't renewed with them FFS!!

t4 chump
Friday 27th May 2011, 13:13
I wish i cud understand insurance companys logic completly forgein to me