PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Options For A '97 TD?

JustARandomDude
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 23:11
Hey.

What kind of tuning options are there available for a '97 90BHP TD? I've found absolutely nothing, and remapping companies only offer remap specs for the 102/115 phase 2 engines. (I've found a few chips however that offer a 22BHP increase.)

I'm not after speed (most of the time anyway, lol) I just want some more torque and economy. I was thinking perhaps a bigger hybrid turbo, a remap and perhaps some bigger injectors and bada bing, bada boom, I'm done. (the same a friend did to his now, 225BHP 2002 Golf diesel.) But I'm to ignorant to tuning (and to Volvo's for that matter) to dare anything on my own.

Any advice I can get is appreciated.

t5 pete
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 23:15
If i were you i would call the volvo tuners directly and talk it through with them to see what they can offer.
Personally i wouldnt touch the chips you can buy off the likes of ebay etc as you just dont know what is on them.
Hope this helps

JustARandomDude
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 23:41
If i were you i would call the volvo tuners directly and talk it through with them to see what they can offer.
Personally i wouldnt touch the chips you can buy off the likes of ebay etc as you just dont know what is on them.
Hope this helps

Thanks Pete. Know of any good ones in or around the London area I can check out?

JustARandomDude
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 19:21
Any diesel guru's out there to give a little advice? If you don't know specifically about this engine, then any Volvo diesel is fine, just to gather up some ideas.

Thanks!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 20:39
Remap :) all the way - no point spending more on a wee turbo diesel IMHO!

JustARandomDude
Saturday 28th May 2011, 01:48
Remap :) all the way - no point spending more on a wee turbo diesel IMHO!

Hehe. Anyone have the map files for the 90BHP? I'm pretty sure a map, some Millers, and a tank of V-Power should do the trick :) I do wish we had gotten the 115BHP instead. The 115 is way more economical and with a map can push out 150BHP.