PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust

shrekblackR
Monday 23rd May 2011, 22:39
Hi guys ive had the centre section removed and a custom tail pipe fitted but far to loud and I had a muffler fitted to the back but wife says still to loud , I need a quality exhaust that will do the job but only loud when the power is on , any ideas cheers guys

Volvostorm
Monday 23rd May 2011, 22:47
How much do you want to spend?

Cheapest option, buy the wife some ear defenders! :P

p fandango
Monday 23rd May 2011, 22:49
i was going to say how importants the wife? lol

shrekblackR
Monday 23rd May 2011, 23:17
Ok guys my wife is a boxer so very impotent lol

Jim S70R
Monday 23rd May 2011, 23:35
I've got a ferrita cat back exhaust for sale, it's a good quality system that's fairly sedate if your interested.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 03:31
I would opt for a custom made powerflow, that way you can tell them exactly how loud you want it to be.

Any off the shelf exhaust is going to be either too quiet or too loud there is no middle medium.

shrekblackR
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 07:58
I've got a ferrita cat back exhaust for sale, it's a good quality system that's fairly sedate if your interested.

How much mate

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 08:17
My Jetex 2.5" cat-back isn't that intrusive and makes a pleasing understated burble rather than the head-turning chavvy fart-trumpet noise of some systems ;).

claymore
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 08:19
Shrek, if you replace your exhaust, how much would you want for your old one?

shrekblackR
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 08:21

Depends how much new one is if it's not to bad you can have it mate

claymore
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 08:25
Depends how much new one is if it's not to bad you can have it mate

cheers, keep me informed :)

Jim S70R
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:00
How much mate

pm'd

shrekblackR
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:39
pm'd

Its not come through buddy

Jim S70R
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 19:58
Its not come through buddy

Sorry bud I've sent it again

Stedman
Friday 27th May 2011, 00:08
I would opt for a custom made powerflow, that way you can tell them exactly how loud you want it to be.

Any off the shelf exhaust is going to be either too quiet or too loud there is no middle medium.

Not true. The Millteks are just right.

peteT5
Friday 27th May 2011, 12:04
Not true. The Millteks are just right.

Yes Definatley I Have A Cat Back Millteck Fitted To Mine And Its Perfect, Nice With A Quiet Little Rumble With Out Power Down :shy: However The Moment You Put Your Foot Down It Just Sounds Amazing :jaw: Yet Still Not To Loud.. Milltek System Definatley Has The Thumbs Up From Me

Jamest5r
Friday 27th May 2011, 12:29
I have Miltec on my 850 as well and its perfect only problem is that Miltec dont make them anymore for volvos.

shrekblackR
Sunday 5th June 2011, 13:02

cheers, keep me informed :)

Hi pal getting exhaust done on wed mate so if you still want my old one drop me a pm buddy

shrekblackR
Sunday 5th June 2011, 13:04
And a big thankyou to Jim for the ferrita nice one buddy . And your car is cool as they come cheers

claymore
Sunday 5th June 2011, 13:07
pm sent

Jim S70R
Sunday 5th June 2011, 13:29
And a big thankyou to Jim for the ferrita nice one buddy . And your car is cool as they come cheers

Nice to meet you, your car was looking good and sounded awesome. Will deffenty have to sort a mini Essex meet out soon.

shrekblackR
Sunday 5th June 2011, 15:57
Defo mate then we can have more time lol

shrekblackR
Thursday 9th June 2011, 10:17
Well new exhaust is on ... My god it's quiet but seems to have more progressive power . So thanks a lot jim your a star

Jim S70R
Thursday 9th June 2011, 13:58
Lol at least it will keep the other half happy, glad your happy with the exhaust. :)

JeanPete
Wednesday 24th April 2013, 00:01
Hi guys,

I'm having a 3" SS custom downpipe on my 855R : it sounds very good, but the car seems to be restrained. So I'm searching for a stainless steel and less restrictive cat back, but the most important point is to avoid drone. I had a bad experience with an OBX turboback system, that I resold after 3 months, as it produced an awful drone between 2000 and 3000 revs.
I know, my 3" DP would probably complicate matters, so I also need a cat back with genuine-like nut (so I could install my genuine DP if my custom one causes trouble...).

Which brand comes you first, please? TME (so expensive), Milltek (no more produced, but maybe a used one?) , Ferrita (some topics on US forums tell about frequent drone, but not systematically)...

Thanking you in anticipation.