PDA

View Full Version : boost issue

nottsgreent5
Monday 23rd May 2011, 20:09
hi all just fitted boost gauge and im only makin 0.8 bar max its running a remap and mbc wound rite in all new vac hoses and new bcs still pulls prity hard wound the actuator in abit earlier and now its only making 0.5 am i rite n thinking the actuator needs setting up properly?

stevie69
Monday 23rd May 2011, 21:50
iv got an mbc and a rica and mine was the same even with the mbc wound right in 0.8 bar to.it was like this for ages till i got another actuator of yosser now it boosts as far as i want it.so get another actuator i think..

nottsgreent5
Monday 23rd May 2011, 21:52
thought so nice 1 mate

stevie69
Monday 23rd May 2011, 21:58
no bother.wish id done mine ages ago as its easy and the difference is huge..

manback
Monday 23rd May 2011, 22:26
hi all just fitted boost gauge and im only makin 0.8 bar max its running a remap and mbc wound rite in all new vac hoses and new bcs still pulls prity hard wound the actuator in abit earlier and now its only making 0.5 am i rite n thinking the actuator needs setting up properly?

surly you need to wind the MBC out? bleeding more air off?

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 00:46
surly you need to wind the MBC out? bleeding more air off?
There are two types of mbc, one is a bleed valve like you say, and the other uses a ball bearing and spring (in its basic form) to hold the pressure back until it pushes past the ball and opens the wastegate, the level is set by increasing the compression on the spring (winding the screw in). Also called a Dawes device.

And to the OP problem, do a pressure test of the system, there are a few points at which the boost can leak, especially with the age of our cars. There has been a few threads recently regarding boost leaks and finding them.

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:10
bit of a update pulled the vac pipe off the acuator and stiil boosting the same does this indicate a dodgy actuator?

claymore
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:18
think a boost leak is more likely

cherry1809
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:25
And make sure the pipe goes back on the actuator or you'll be running limitless boost until the engine goes bang.

stevie69
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:33
exactly the same as mine was.i never found a leak.get an actuator..

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 18:43
ok lads cheers for the advice gona try another acuator tomz n cheak all the pipes agen seems to be making all the right noises just not much go in it lol does any one know how to test the acuator put air line on it and seems to move fine?

nottsgreent5
Wednesday 25th May 2011, 18:18
car all sorted now all my fault lol id bloody adjusted the acuator the wrong way n slackend it off,now tightend it and its boosting a good solid 1.4 bar solid my god it pulls well now

Ed.
Friday 27th May 2011, 00:12
1.4 bar is a lot of boost! Beware of boost spikes as you may end up with bent rods if you aren't careful.

Ed

fyldetowbars
Friday 27th May 2011, 00:24
it's an old car make do and enjoy i find the boost is longer and harder std mine boosted 0-9 psi std more than enough i put a bleed valve on and it ruined it & mbc not much in it get a rica 304bhp that will cheer you up if not that the t5r ecu
also have u blanked your air hose off ????