PDA

View Full Version : Took MBC off......

Giles
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:25
......and now runnning a max of 10psi, but a constant 10psi......

Have the 19t actuator on and with MBC was getting 16-18psi.......do i need to reset the ECU? Thought I should get at least 12-14psi?

LiamT4
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:32
......and now runnning a max of 10psi, but a constant 10psi......

Have the 19t actuator on and with MBC was getting 16-18psi.......do i need to reset the ECU? Thought I should get at least 12-14psi?

Standard is about 9-10psi, i take it yours has been mapped.

Giles
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:34
Standard is about 9-10psi, i take it yours has been mapped.

apparantly, but who knows with mine lol......got the receipt but that dont say someone aint flogged it along the way......

si850r
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:36
:cry:optimism my deer friend .........

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:37
Has the ecu been written on or any stickers? having said that a non mapped ecu wont let an mbc boost to 16psi

LiamT4
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:41
apparantly, but who knows with mine lol......got the receipt but that dont say someone aint flogged it along the way......

If its any help mine had been mapped and was only running at 10psi, i checked pipes, hoses etc and plugs, leads etc are all in good condition.
So i'm a bit confused myself.
Running a bit higher now its got an mbc on.

As frankie says, must be mapped as standard won't go above 14.

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 12:47
If its any help mine had been mapped and was only running at 10psi, i checked pipes, hoses etc and plugs, leads etc are all in good condition.

mine was mapped and was only 12psi

t5 pete
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 13:57
it all depends on what state your bcs is in and also what pressure your acuator is set at if its holding 10psi theres certainly nothing wrong with your vac pipes as it would be dropping/fluctuating with soft or perished pipes

smithy
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:04

you have fitted an mbc finally well done what psi are you running mate

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:13

hip hip hooray its probably located in the glove box knowing liam lol

LiamT4
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:19

A massive 13psi! lol
Seriously though, weren't going to put it too high because its an auto, but we (pedro) wound it right back in and it took 75 "clicks" to get it to 13psi. Think it took nearly 50 to get it to 10psi.
The car seems like it don't won't to boost. Pipes, hoses seem ok, plugs and leads are good, must be something though.

It does make a good difference though, not like its got loads more power but feels like the turbo comes in earlier, 3rd gear is a lot better when on the motorway and wanting to overtake. Can hear more induction noise now aswell.

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:26
A massive 13psi! lol
Seriously though, weren't going to put it too high because its an auto, but we (pedro) wound it right back in and it took 75 "clicks" to get it to 13psi. Think it took nearly 50 to get it to 10psi.
The car seems like it don't won't to boost. Pipes, hoses seem ok, plugs and leads are good, must be something though.

It does make a good difference though, not like its got loads more power but feels like the turbo comes in earlier, 3rd gear is a lot better when on the motorway and wanting to overtake. Can hear more induction noise now aswell.

at 75 clicks mine is at 22psi but as i think we know they differ from one to another, you can put it up to 15-16 mate without problems

smithy
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:37
A massive 13psi! lol

tighten the actuator first mate before you turn up the mbc mate ,you will be able to run 15 to 16 psi safety no probs ,

LiamT4
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:40
at 75 clicks mine is at 22psi but as i think we know they differ from one to another, you can put it up to 15-16 mate without problems

Problem is with the gearbox and how eager and quickly it will kickdown at low speeds. Going along at 30mph(ish) in 4th and when you put your foot down it'll drop straight into 1st, because its an auto it does it so quick its going from no boost and little power to sh** loads in a fraction of a second, sounds great and goes like a rocket when it happens, but if it was running higher boost i don't think it would be long before there would be problems.

Hopefully when its got a custom map on it i can have lower boost in 1st, then more in 2nd and more again in 3rd and 4th.

LiamT4
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 16:44
tighten the actuator first mate before you turn up the mbc mate ,you will be able to run 15 to 16 psi safety no probs ,

How do i tighten it? Can i go too far when tightening it?

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 17:31
Problem is with the gearbox and how eager and quickly it will kickdown at low speeds. Going along at 30mph(ish) in 4th and when you put your foot down it'll drop straight into 1st, because its an auto it does it so quick its going from no boost and little power to sh** loads in a fraction of a second, sounds great and goes like a rocket when it happens, but if it was running higher boost i don't think it would be long before there would be problems.

Hopefully when its got a custom map on it i can have lower boost in 1st, then more in 2nd and more again in 3rd and 4th.

lol i have had 7 autos and only 2 manual volvos mate

cherry1809
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 17:31
I'm running about 14psi at the minute, And thats just with the actuator wound up.
You need to undo the little lock nut on the rod, And wind it in. Make sure you keep an eye on your boost though.

T5frankie
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 17:33
you should use a boost gauge to set it all up correctly, you saw what happened to my t5-r at avon

Giles
Sunday 22nd May 2011, 22:43

at '0' clicks mine was 22 psi with that 1.2 bar actuator lol......dread to think what 75 would have been......

Giles
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 19:36
posted my Forge unos yesterday to a forum member.......2 days into not having an MBC and i have just bought another.......simply cant live with 10psi lol.......but i got a cheap one as i assume the worst that can happen is the spring will break causing no boost hence safe?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 19:43
posted my Forge unos yesterday to a forum member.......2 days into not having an MBC and i have just bought another.......simply cant live with 10psi lol.......but i got a cheap one as i assume the worst that can happen is the spring will break causing no boost hence safe?

It's the spiking you have to watch out for mate.

Giles
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 20:29
hmm....ok......hope i dont have issues then.....they all sound the same construction?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290566774771

si850r
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 22:38
get an r spec 1 mate , thats the same as mine 40 quid...cant go wrong i ve had no probs from mine...

Giles
Tuesday 24th May 2011, 23:49
I'll try this one....spent enough...lost £30 on the Forge Unos as it is so will have a go....