PDA

View Full Version : Brake Judder

Tian
Sunday 31st July 2005, 16:30
Chaps,
I have a brake judder issue with my S60. I'm sure it's the brakes because I recently had two new front tyres fitted and they were balanced so no problems there.

Somebody told me it might be a worn bush on the anti roll bar but I've never heard of that before so I'm sceptical. Anyway, the question is, are warped discs a comon problem on S60s? And if so wold this be your first port of call?

On the bright side if it is this then it's an opportunity to upgrade to drilled items, that would be nice. :anmflower

Thanks

Tian

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 31st July 2005, 17:08
Chaps,
I have a brake judder issue with my S60. I'm sure it's the brakes because I recently had two new front tyres fitted and they were balanced so no problems there.

Somebody told me it might be a worn bush on the anti roll bar but I've never heard of that before so I'm sceptical. Anyway, the question is, are warped discs a comon problem on S60s? And if so wold this be your first port of call?

On the bright side if it is this then it's an opportunity to upgrade to drilled items, that would be nice. :anmflower

Thanks

TianYou dont need drilled discs at all, the standard 305mm disc is good enough even for T5's with 310bhp, just use a performance pad such as Ferodo DS series. As for suspension bushes they are a weak link i'm lead to believe, you can upgrade to Poly bushes for more or less the price of main dealer standard bushes.

Tian
Sunday 31st July 2005, 17:32
The brakes on the S60 are known to be excellent, I know but fancy discs look sooooo cool. Looks like I might have to get the bushes sorted then.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. :B_steerin

Tian

dave
Sunday 31st July 2005, 18:36
Chaps,

Thanks

Tian

if you get the judder when you press the brake pedal, then it be the disks

dave

mikey
Sunday 31st July 2005, 18:56
i've got the same problem with the 850R,best get it sorted as well then.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 1st August 2005, 10:59
You can also get judder from worn bushes on the lower wishbones or track-end rods, but for sure it is best to start with the brakes first.