PDA

View Full Version : Been busy today and yesterday getting ready for York.

siamblue
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:59
Well yesterday i had lower arms fitted and a inner track rod replaced, as there was a lot of movement laterally in my wheels, it is all tightened up now, but i did notice my drop links are worn and i need new rear pads, so they will be put on in the next week.
Last night i went and picked up my new seats for the R they weigh about 8kg each :) Infact i thought they were Black at first but they are infact a very dark Blue.
Today i wanted to get the challenge of putting S60R discs on inplace of my very worn AP discs, reason for doing this is the AP's cost over £300 a pair and the S60R discs have cost me £85 so far, because my KADs take a smaller disc than a new S60R disc, i have fitted S60R discs that are down to their Volvo min thickness which is 32mm, only thing is the APs are half the weight of the Volvo discs.
Also today in the post my decat pipe arrived in 3" stainless, i still have a lot to do in the next 10 days, i just hope it all comes to plan.

Gary

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:23
nice mate making me jealous especially the seats i reckon you should get under 14 secs mate

p fandango
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 21:19
very nice, did your vac tree turn up?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 21:46
Looking like one nice fast saffy :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 22:01
Looking like one nice fast saffy :)

two james two lol

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 22:56
Be good to see how you get on Gary, engine wise you have a similar spec to smithness but his is on an 850 and yours a 70 series car.

Out of interest where did you get the KAD's from? Are they from a Honda with modified brackets?

siamblue
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 23:41
Thanks guys,

I will be happy with low 14s, but it is a lardy V70R, not a lightweight 850 t5 glt lol,

Pedro no tree yet mate hopefully in the morning,

Yes FM they were off a Honda VTECH R, so i had the bells modified to fit my hubs and Alan M made the brackets up for me..

WOODY T5
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 23:46
its not that lightweight. ok a little bit here and they should be good if your spec is like my car?

siamblue
Thursday 19th May 2011, 00:10
its not that lightweight. ok a little bit here and they should be good if your spec is like my car?

What spec is your car? Mine was 268whp when i bought her, i reckon she must be 285 now..

Gary

WOODY T5
Thursday 19th May 2011, 00:19
was 283 whp last time dont know now as a few more mods have been done since then mate