PDA

View Full Version : V70 2.5t

deathrider311271
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 18:57
hi all

new problem today.

Recently when the engine is cold i can hear the turbo spooling up and it hesitates like mad.

Once warm still have slight hesitation but turbo quiet

now today on top of this i have a rattle which appears to be coming from the passenger side of the engine but only when revved and above 2k rpm, when idling quiet as usual, no lack of power and boost is still ok under full throttle (8psi) but under part load seems to back off then pick up and continues this way.

Before anyone says vac leak, ALL boost pipes are new and ALL vac pipes are new. Plugs replaced 2k miles ago coil packs changed 6 months ago, oil and filter done every 5k without fail, fuel filter changed 5 weeks ago.

Also checked turbo for boost leaks non present even at 25 psi

help and please dont tell me i have mullered the engine as i replaced it this time last year at great expense

cheers

simon

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:07
hi mate my bcs gave most of the probs you have..replaced it along wiyth the maf and all has been ok...do you no any one with a spare bcs...

deathrider311271
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:44
hi mate my bcs gave most of the probs you have..replaced it along wiyth the maf and all has been ok...do you no any one with a spare bcs...

TBH that was my first thought but im running an MBC and its only connected by the plug. Also did u have the rattling as well??

cheers

simon

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 21:27
yes mate turned out 2 be the compresser wheel in the turbo it was catching the houseing thats how much play i had...

deathrider311271
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 22:01
ok next question is:

if it is the turbo at fault can i buy a straight flange 16T and swap my current angled flange exhaust housing over to the 16T?

simon

PHIL V70R
Thursday 19th May 2011, 11:01
i think so not sure tho....i think you can and there may be a post on here about it..some one will be along 2 put us right...