PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Change Gone Majorly Wrong

Dave86
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 22:01
Thought id change my fuel Filter this afternoon looked in the haynes manual and off i went put the 17mm spanner behind the coupling pushed and the pipe on the filter snapped off and is now stuck in the fuel line and can't get the other end off either so i think im gonna have to cut it off and join it or something. Can fuel hose be joined?
Any help would be appreciated. Dave

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 22:43
I cant see any reason why you cant join fuel hose. Obviously in an ideal world its best kept as one piece.

You just need a "joiner". If you can get some thin copper pipe or aluminium (anything that wont corrode) and push it into the existing line then join the new line to it and secure it all with mini jubilee clips it should work. Unless anyone has a more practical solution?

Dave86
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 22:55
Sounds good to me think i best get a filter with some sort of hump at the ends of the pipe, the one I've got has straight pipes and don't want it leaking even more v power in the carpark lol
cheers mate

Dave86
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 13:41
Well its sorted now. I cut the 'in' hose back to the pressure release valve and clamped a new piece of hose onto it. And cut the 'out' hose back to the clamp / join thing and clamped a new bit on and clamped both new ends to the new filter. Job done. now it really does have quick release connectors lol.