PDA

View Full Version : R ecu removed.now being remapped.

STEVO RRR
Monday 16th May 2011, 11:56
I`ve just removed the ECU on my S60R and sent it to REMAPPERFORMANCE.COM for a remap.They promise 340 BHP and 470NM.A rise of 40 BHP and 70 NM SO NOT BAD FOR £210.
I`ll let you know how she feels after.
Steve

cherry1809
Monday 16th May 2011, 17:08
340 from a map? :shifty:

T5frankie
Monday 16th May 2011, 17:16
340 from a map? :shifty:

it is an s60r mate

cherry1809
Monday 16th May 2011, 17:45
Thought they were the same engine as the V70R? My bad :D

T5frankie
Monday 16th May 2011, 17:52
Thought they were the same engine as the V70R? My bad :D

they are, 300bhp standard for both

p fandango
Monday 16th May 2011, 18:01
they are, 300bhp standard for both
so the paperwork says lol

STEVO RRR
Monday 16th May 2011, 19:54

An S60R DOES PUSH OUT 300 BHP.Feels every bit as quick as a friends E36 M3 AND THEY HAVE 321 bhp.
Please dont bore me with flywheel and roadwheel ,AWD transmission loss etc.etc..They ARE quick cars.

Steve

T5frankie
Monday 16th May 2011, 19:56
An S60R DOES PUSH OUT 300 BHP.Feels every bit as quick as a friends E36 M3 AND THEY HAVE 321 bhp.
Please dont bore me with flywheel and roadwheel ,AWD transmission loss etc.etc..They ARE quick cars.

Steve

oooooooooooooooooo lol they aint no quicker out on an open road though

Dream3r
Monday 16th May 2011, 19:56

Mine definitely is, it pulls like a train standard! Much quicker than my S60T5 with RICA and full zorst.

OP, I'd be interested in hearing how you get on as I am in a similar boat but will prob go for a Volvo tuner. Do you have datalogging capabilities?

volvokid
Monday 16th May 2011, 20:15
My dads S60r was a hell of alot fast the my c70t5 and my p1 v70r,.
Seen you again today lol driving down north Anderson drive just after 7 am, think im stalking you

hamish
Monday 16th May 2011, 21:47
I`ve just removed the ECU on my S60R

Bet that was fun or did you have the special tool ?

Hamish.

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 18:27
My dads S60r was a hell of alot fast the my c70t5 and my p1 v70r,.
Seen you again today lol driving down north Anderson drive just after 7 am, think im stalking you

No wasnt me Martin.My ECU was removed on Sunday and therefore it hasnt moved since then.Is there another Cosmos Blue R in Aberdeen?

Steve

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 18:34
Bet that was fun or did you have the special tool ?

Hamish.

Easier than I expected
Remove the lid first.Then remove the ECU surround.1 CLIP AT THE FRONT,1 ON THE ARCH SIDE AND THE 2 ON THE ENGINE SIDE.
Unclip the white holding bracket under the ECU and then you can see the 2 purple runners that secure the ECU.Slide these forward together towards the front of the car and the ECU is released.A little fiddly but the whole thing was done in around 5 minutes.Detach the cooling pipes also.They just pull off.

Volvo charge over £40 for the ECU removal tool so its a no-brainer really.
The only tool I used was a flat head screwdriver to unclip a tab.

Steve

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 18:41
oooooooooooooooooo lol they aint no quicker out on an open road though

yOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?
It will bury any other STANDARD Volvo and in the wet an R will destroy almost anything without AWD.
Stop being such a bitch.
Steve

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 18:49
yOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?
It will bury any other STANDARD Volvo and in the wet an R will destroy almost anything without AWD.
Stop being such a bitch.
Steve

lol i got destroyed in my "r" by a golf 4motion in the wet and i kept up with an s60r no problem at rolling speeds

volvokid
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 19:55
Hmm maybe wasnt then. Think it was maybe a grey one. Im craving for a sonic blue one again :(

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 20:35
lol i got destroyed in my "r" by a golf 4motion in the wet and i kept up with an s60r no problem at rolling speeds

Frankie WHAT ARE YOU ON?You got done by a Golf 4motion in the wet COS YOU HAVE A fwd S70 AND A FWD V70.Too much power,no traction or forward momentum and spinning wheels.I dont understand what you are saying.Does anyone?
If you stayed with an S60R its because he wasnt trying.Thats all.Its the fastest Volvo EVER.WHY DONT YOU READ THE OTHER POSTINGS BY PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE OF BOTH CARS.That Golf would`ve been a dot in my rear view mirror cos I have 300 bhp and AWD.End of.
I`m not gonna sit on here and demean other Volvos because of one deluded dreamer.I can tell that the S70R and V70R have a lot of fans and good luck to them.
Steve

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 20:46
Mine definitely is, it pulls like a train standard! Much quicker than my S60T5 with RICA and full zorst.

OP, I'd be interested in hearing how you get on as I am in a similar boat but will prob go for a Volvo tuner. Do you have datalogging capabilities?

No I dont.I went with these guys cos they do a postal service for £210.That is a bargain and the testimonials from satisfied customers included a guy with a T5 and an S60R.
The ECU on an S60R MUST be removed from the car to remap.It cannot be done through the OBD port.Also in terms of time,the ECU was sent to them in Warwickshire on Monday,from Aberdeen,and I get it back tomorrow(Wednesday).Pretty good service.
I`m also not sure about Volvo tuners.They are overpriced and very optimistic about their power gains.Swedespeed.com is full of evidence of this.Good luck.

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 20:53

Frankie WHAT ARE YOU ON?You got done by a Golf 4motion in the wet COS YOU HAVE A fwd S70 AND A FWD V70.Too much power,no traction or forward momentum and spinning wheels.I dont understand what you are saying.Does anyone?
If you stayed with an S60R its because he wasnt trying.Thats all.Its the fastest Volvo EVER.WHY DONT YOU READ THE OTHER POSTINGS BY PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE OF BOTH CARS.That Golf would`ve been a dot in my rear view mirror cos I have 300 bhp and AWD.End of.
I`m not gonna sit on here and demean other Volvos because of one deluded dreamer.I can tell that the S70R and V70R have a lot of fans and good luck to them.
Steve

Just winding you up mate lol my R had 455nms of torque at the time and more now, so is more than a match for a standard s60r in the dry with a rolling start, in the wet forget it i had the golf easy on the straights but it was in mk between roundabouts and off the roundabouts he was gone the same as probably a fiat panda 4x4 would do lol, t5's are useless in the wet and i aint adreamer mate i can have whatever volvo i choose to have and i have the best headturner of the lot

LiamT4
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 20:59
Calm down, what he's trying to say is that apart from off the line, his car could keep with an s60r.

His car is running about 270bhp vs 300bhp for the s60r.
As the s60r is around 150kgs heavier, its seems reasonable to me that his car could keep up with an s60r when already on the move.

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 21:02
Calm down, what he's trying to say is that apart from off the line, his car could keep with an s60r.

His car is running about 270bhp vs 300bhp for the s60r.
As the s60r is around 150kgs heavier, its seems reasonable to me that his car could keep up with an s60r when already on the move.

cheers liam but he was thinking my car was standard, my car should be kicking out over 300bhp now though :biggrin:

t5 pete
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 21:09
yeah but remember franks car carnt keep up with a 850 because 850's are much better

SomeBloke
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 21:27
TBH, it's mainly down to the sack of meat behind the wheel.
A crap driver in a fast car will always lose out to a good driver in a crap car, if they can't drive fast then no matter how much power they have they'll lose every time.
See it all the time, yoofs trying to beat a diesel firms van with some tuned up Astra, always get blown away by the guy who drives for a living :)

Saying that I'd LOVE a V70R, just can't afford the fuel :(

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 22:03
TBH, it's mainly down to the sack of meat behind the wheel.
A crap driver in a fast car will always lose out to a good driver in a crap car, if they can't drive fast then no matter how much power they have they'll lose every time.
See it all the time, yoofs trying to beat a diesel firms van with some tuned up Astra, always get blown away by the guy who drives for a living :)

Saying that I'd LOVE a V70R, just can't afford the fuel :(

yes and i drive for a living, 100,000 miles a year or so, cant beat behind the wheel experience

T5frankie
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 22:04
yeah but remember franks car carnt keep up with a 850 because 850's are much better

right im gonna kick your arse at york too lol (shut it pedro)

STEVO RRR
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 13:08
cheers liam but he was thinking my car was standard, my car should be kicking out over 300bhp now though :biggrin:

Yes Frankie.I was thinking your car was standard because nowhere do you mention it isnt!!
Not everyone on this site,me included,know you or your car.I took offence to your implication that a V70 or S70 was as quick as an S60R.As for the dreamer tag that was to do with you staying with an S60R in your standard V70/S70 and nothing to do with your wallet.Grow up.
This was a posting about a postal remap on an S60R, not one that you hijack
and belittle the grunt of an S60R.
And Liam,I`m not stupid.The rolling start gave it away that his car was modded but as I said not everyone knows that.
Can we move on?
Steve

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 16:08
Yes Frankie.I was thinking your car was standard because nowhere do you mention it isnt!!
Not everyone on this site,me included,know you or your car.I took offence to your implication that a V70 or S70 was as quick as an S60R.As for the dreamer tag that was to do with you staying with an S60R in your standard V70/S70 and nothing to do with your wallet.Grow up.
This was a posting about a postal remap on an S60R, not one that you hijack
and belittle the grunt of an S60R.
And Liam,I`m not stupid.The rolling start gave it away that his car was modded but as I said not everyone knows that.
Can we move on?
Steve

we will all move on if you do you idiot, you obviously have no sense of humour, if you would have been around a little longer you will realise that we are all pisstakers on here, i think the cold weather up there has made you a very angry person.

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 16:39
Stevo RRR and t5frankie, you both need to calm down. Both of you calling each other idiots isnt going to help an escalating situation.

This thread has becoming a slagging match. If I see anymore posts digressing from the topic at hand or abusing/offending other members the thread will be closed.

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 16:40
Stevo RRR and t5frankie, you both need to calm down. Both of you calling each other idiots isnt going to help an escalating situation.

This thread has becoming a slagging match. If I see anymore posts digressing from the topic at hand or abusing/offending other members the thread will be closed.

ooooooooooooooooooooo get her

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 16:41
Ok volvo s60R's are the BESTEST and FASTESTEST in the whole wide world is that ok?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 16:53
A modded s60r and a modded 850 can be fairly equal there is a vid somewhere of me and santa cant post it as im on my phone but im sure frankie can dig it out :)
Steve let us know what you think of the map when you get it back, are you going to rolling road it to check the figures and afr's?
Cheers

S

jardon
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 17:19
The ECU on an S60R MUST be removed from the car to remap. It cannot be done through the OBD port.

This is incorrect. Good luck with the mapping though.

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 17:24
A modded s60r and a modded 850 can be fairly equal there is a vid somewhere of me and santa cant post it as im on my phone but im sure frankie can dig it out :)
Steve let us know what you think of the map when you get it back, are you going to rolling road it to check the figures and afr's?
Cheers

S

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17liIETLBUs&feature=player_profilepage

Jimmie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 17:39
There is modding and modding,that video proves nothing.
A standard ecu mod on a v70 will be eaten by an S60R with the same mod

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 17:44
an s60r has the 0-60 but whilst rolling there aint much in it all between them just look at the terminal speeds on the 1/4 mile

si850r
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:32
Ok volvo s60R's are the BESTEST and FASTESTEST in the whole wide world is that ok?

you meant 850 s mate .....

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:36
you meant 850 s mate .....

yeah and them lol

Justin
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:40
Blimey, handbags at dawn here, who's got the fire extinguisher!?

Firstly, Frankie, cut the name calling and bitching at vpc staff, first warning.

Steve, cut the name calling.

S60R and V70R cars CAN be tuned through OBD11, Mine both of mine were as i stood and watched.
A good example P2 R will be faster off the mark, but against a properly tuned P1 S/V70R there will be little in it from a rolling start, weight, the transmission losses are all factors in it.
Chad in his V70R P1 rolling start with me in a P2 he was with me all the way, i didnt gain an inch on him, mine had a Rica remap and thats it (Claimed 330bhp which is roughly what most tuners quote)
It does depend very much on the driver too, gear chages are critical and making the most of the turbo's power band. These are the facts, like it or not sadly :)

STEVO RRR
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:43
we will all move on if you do you idiot, you obviously have no sense of humour, if you would have been around a little longer you will realise that we are all pisstakers on here, i think the cold weather up there has made you a very angry person.

less of the idiot pal and yes I do have a sense of humour.I drive a Volvo.
Also I`m a Londoner and yes the weather does get you down and yes an S60R is the bestest and fastest so there.
Steve.

si850r
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:45
errrrrmmmmmmmm....is the playtime bell gonna ring in a mo???

STEVO RRR
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:54
Cheers

S

Hi James.Just reinstalled the ECU today and nearly had a heart attack.Started ok and idled but on driving it it hiccuped badly,then the electrical service reqd light came on then she cut out and wouldnt start.Tried it again 5 minutes later and she fired up with no warning lights and everything is great.
First impressions?FANTASTIC!Deffo pulling harder with a much bigger kick in the back.Torque is greatly improved too.Even went the long way home.
As for the rolling road thing there are no plans to do this.The remap is the only mod apart from a k and n filter.Next mod is a 3inch catback zorst.That will be done in the next month or so and then maybe I`ll put her on a r r.

Steve

STEVO RRR
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 19:59

Firstly, Frankie, cut the name calling and bitching at vpc staff, first warning.

S60R and V70R cars CAN be tuned through OBD11, Mine both of mine were as i stood and watched.
A good example P2 R will be faster off the mark, but against a properly tuned P1 S/V70R there will be little in it from a rolling start, weight, the transmission losses are all factors in it.
Chad in his V70R P1 rolling start with me in a P2 he was with me all the way, i didnt gain an inch on him, mine had a Rica remap and thats it (Claimed 330bhp which is roughly what most tuners quote)
It does depend very much on the driver too, gear chages are critical and making the most of the turbo's power band. These are the facts, like it or not sadly :)
Justin,No name calling here.
Steve

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:10

i'd consider emlyn a friend before staff mate all in jest as he knows it is

Santa
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:19
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17liIETLBUs&feature=player_profilepage

Why does me and my broken car always get dragged into these things lol

To be fair I fluffed that run. It was the second slowest run of the day from me. (The first where I forgot to start and stopped before the end).

To be fair and the man over there is right....its down to the sack of meat behind the wheel. Also modified V70R could keep up with a lightly modded S60R on a straight rolling run. When braking, corners or launching are involved then the AWD comes into its own.......on a rolling straight the rear wheels dont do alot and you're still carrying the weight of the extra components.

Either way....dont see Frankie being able to beat anything let alone a S60R :-p

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:21

To be fair I fluffed that run. It was the second slowest run of the day from me. (The first where I forgot to start and stopped before the end).

To be fair and the man over there is right....its down to the sack of meat behind the wheel. Also modified V70R could keep up with a lightly modded S60R on a straight rolling run. When braking, corners or launching are involved then the AWD comes into its own.......on a rolling straight the rear wheels dont do alot and you're still carrying the weight of the extra components.

i can beat emlyn pmsl

Santa
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:33
i can beat emlyn pmsl

It was his first outing and was making good improvements.....at this rate you wont be for much longer :-p

STEVO RRR
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:49
This is incorrect. Good luck with the mapping though.

I`m not sure it is mate.Yes you can tune an S60 through the OBD port but isnt this whats known as a soft-tune?I may be wrong but three different tuners/remappers said you had to remove the ECU to remap properly because of something called an EPROM.(???)
I know of the Rica and BSR tunes that go in the OBD But 3 different tuners said even if the car was on site they would remove the ECU.Remap Science in Bradford,Re-Mapperformance.com(who did mine) plus another I cant remember.
Not saying your wrong mate but it does seem strange.

Steve

turbo-tuner
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:54
I`m not sure it is mate.Yes you can tune an S60 through the OBD port but isnt this whats known as a soft-tune?I may be wrong but three different tuners/remappers said you had to remove the ECU to remap properly because of something called an EPROM.(???)
I know of the Rica and BSR tunes that go in the OBD But 3 different tuners said even if the car was on site they would remove the ECU.Remap Science in Bradford,Re-Mapperformance.com(who did mine) plus another I cant remember.

Steve

The OBD2 programmers like RICA etc do program the EPROM, which is done via the OBD2 port. The reason why the tuners you spoke to told you otherwise is simply because they don't have the tools to do it.

I'm not saying you got a bad tune. I'm just saying that the flashing of the EPROM can be achieved without removing the ECU and without removing the EPROM.

The EPROM is simply the flash programmable memory in the ECU where the engine control software is stored. It contains "maps" which are like spread sheets that determine how the engine runs. Changing the software in this EPROM is what remapping is all about. However, you don't need to remove the EPROM to change this software if you have the means to do it via OBD2, which several tuners do.

Redbrick
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 20:59

Steve

They would need to remove the ECU because they simply don't have the ability or knowledge to reprogram it through the OBD port. For the record MTE are able to program through the OBD port on an P2 and on the 850's they are able to reprogram the ECU without cracking it open.

Jamest5r
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 21:19

Give me some credit lol :) to be fair your s60r is a second quicker over the 1/4mile than my 850 but then you probably had 350ish bhp to my 280ish + 4wd but all i remember you moaning about was once you got going i was always catching you, so over a 1/2mile i think i would be a different result :)

p fandango
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 21:21
i remember you moaning about was once you got going i was always catching you, so over a 1/2mile i think i would be a different result :)
only one way to prove it, to the M6 toll road it is lol

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 18th May 2011, 22:12
i can beat emlyn pmsl

Haha, well that was a standard 850 against a V70R...

It was his first outing and was making good improvements.....at this rate you wont be for much longer :-p

May I hasten to add I had a slipping clutch and a gearbox with a knackered input shaft. Smithness can confirm he saw them when we changed the clutch and box.

Trust me Frankie the car will be a completely different beast by the time you next see her.

All I can say is bring it on... loser buys the first round???

STEVO RRR
Thursday 19th May 2011, 13:23
The OBD2 programmers like RICA etc do program the EPROM, which is done via the OBD2 port. The reason why the tuners you spoke to told you otherwise is simply because they don't have the tools to do it.

I'm not saying you got a bad tune. I'm just saying that the flashing of the EPROM can be achieved without removing the ECU and without removing the EPROM.

The EPROM is simply the flash programmable memory in the ECU where the engine control software is stored. It contains "maps" which are like spread sheets that determine how the engine runs. Changing the software in this EPROM is what remapping is all about. However, you don't need to remove the EPROM to change this software if you have the means to do it via OBD2, which several tuners do.
OK I stand corrected.You make perfect sense.
So really it all comes down to the price then.I believe Rica and Bsr are over £500 for a similar performance gain.Would it not be so much wiser to go to these guys without the `tools`and save £300?
It takes,literally,5 minutes to remove the ECU and as far as I can tell its a great map.The car feels like its in `Super Advanced`
Steve

JelT5
Thursday 19th May 2011, 13:34
...yes I do have a sense of humour. I drive a Volvo.

PMSL! Spot on mate, you need definitely one with a volvo :D

turbo-tuner
Thursday 19th May 2011, 13:46
OK I stand corrected.You make perfect sense.
So really it all comes down to the price then.I believe Rica and Bsr are over £500 for a similar performance gain.Would it not be so much wiser to go to these guys without the `tools`and save £300?
It takes,literally,5 minutes to remove the ECU and as far as I can tell its a great map.The car feels like its in `Super Advanced`
Steve

For some people, sure! I'm not saying you made a good/bad choice - ultimately you decide yourself what's best for you.

From a purely technical perspective, there are many reasons why flashing via OBD2 is advantageous. It's faster, more reliable and better for service updates.

Faster - OBD2 programming can be done in approx 2-3 minutes. That's 2 minutes faster than the time it took you to take the ECU out.

More reliable - removing the EPROM once is normally ok, but having to do it several times can be risky in terms of damage to the ECU. OBD2 programming does not risk EPROM or ECU damage. Which leads me on to the next point...

Better for service updates - if your car is serviced and programed back to standard by Volvo, and you have had it tuned by removing the EPROM, then the tuner will have to remove the EPROM again to read / reprogram it which risks damaging the ECU. Whereas if done via OBD2, the tuner can read the new software, modify it, and flash it without any risk of damage to the ECU.

OBD2 capability also allows access to the other computer modules in the car.

sizzlechest
Thursday 19th May 2011, 15:26
I've just got off the phone with Alex at re-map performance. My R ecu will be in his palms on Tuesday. Thanks Steve (STEVO RRR). I've read your positive comments on the map, so I'm following in your footsteps....

Chris

STEVO RRR
Thursday 19th May 2011, 19:56
I've just got off the phone with Alex at re-map performance. My R ecu will be in his palms on Tuesday. Thanks Steve (STEVO RRR). I've read your positive comments on the map, so I'm following in your footsteps....

Chris

GOOD LUCK.Let us know what you think.

Steve

harveys
Thursday 19th May 2011, 20:38
As you know I've been following your adventures with the remap Stevo RRR & I am sorely tempted to go down the same route with my D5 185bhp XC90. Obviously the XC is a different beast altogether & I need to do a bit more homework before I commit. If I could guarantee to get rid of the hesitation on take off & a few more mpg - I'd be converted !

I'll certainly consider Re-map Performance & I'm delighted that all seems sweet with yours.

Does anyone know the best option for an XC, i.e via the OBD port etc etc.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 19th May 2011, 21:45
As you know I've been following your adventures with the remap Stevo RRR & I am sorely tempted to go down the same route with my D5 185bhp XC90. Obviously the XC is a different beast altogether & I need to do a bit more homework before I commit. If I could guarantee to get rid of the hesitation on take off & a few more mpg - I'd be converted !

I'll certainly consider Re-map Performance & I'm delighted that all seems sweet with yours.

Does anyone know the best option for an XC, i.e via the OBD port etc etc.

I had a 2.0D S40 and a Rica map completely transformed the car, it was better all round on go go juice and power. This was however a few years ago.

I would seriously consider talking to Adam (turbo-tuner). He has a diesel V60 R-design with a Rica diesel remap done by himself and the car is biblical. The responce was spot on the car had a smooth and progressive power band without running out of steam whilst also offering significant MPG improvement.

End of the day you choose your own route and there are many to take, however for diesel Rica would be my choice.

Santa
Friday 20th May 2011, 20:35
Give me some credit lol :) to be fair your s60r is a second quicker over the 1/4mile than my 850 but then you probably had 350ish bhp to my 280ish + 4wd but all i remember you moaning about was once you got going i was always catching you, so over a 1/2mile i think i would be a different result :)

Yeah in its form last year I said over a mile some of you would probably catch up

Loadsamiles
Saturday 21st May 2011, 01:33
I hope the cylinder liners hold out!

Good luck!

Santa
Saturday 21st May 2011, 10:16

Good luck!

On a stage 1 small performance increase (10% ish) they probably will.

sizzlechest
Saturday 21st May 2011, 11:32
The haters are out already!
With a freer flowing air intake and GSX todd 3" downpipe and racecat I'll be heading straight to stage 2

Redbrick
Saturday 21st May 2011, 12:21
On a stage 1 small performance increase (10% ish) they probably will.

Just keep an ear out for that tell-tale very slight stumble at idle.

Dream3r
Saturday 21st May 2011, 13:10
The haters are out already!
With a freer flowing air intake and GSX todd 3" downpipe and racecat I'll be heading straight to stage 2

I have that DP, it's a cracking bit of kit.

Justin
Saturday 21st May 2011, 13:35

Good luck!

I don't think MTE are mapping it Joules :)

sizzlechest
Saturday 21st May 2011, 15:14
I have that DP, it's a cracking bit of kit.

Yeah, it's a high quality DP - the welds, finish etc cannot be faulted. DiCE found a couple of DTC's since: ECM-2A20 and 2A1A - no heating/signal missing on rear sensor. That'll be me being heavy handed and stretching the o2 lead. Car runs sweet though. A new rear sensor is on my shopping list.

Dream3r
Saturday 21st May 2011, 15:35
Yeah, it's a high quality DP - the welds, finish etc cannot be faulted. DiCE found a couple of DTC's since: ECM-2A20 and 2A1A - no heating/signal missing on rear sensor. That'll be me being heavy handed and stretching the o2 lead. Car runs sweet though. A new rear sensor is on my shopping list.

I got mine ceramic coated in silver, it was a pity to fit it to the car.

No DTC's with mine, how much is the sensor? I was thinking about changing mine anyway.

sizzlechest
Saturday 21st May 2011, 15:50
I got mine ceramic coated in silver, it was a pity to fit it to the car.

No DTC's with mine, how much is the sensor? I was thinking about changing mine anyway.

I had ceramic in black. Aye, it was a shame to hide it away.
This is the one I had in mind:

http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/tabid/144/CategoryID/187/ProductID/281/Default.aspx
£62.16 delivered