PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel bearing noisy

audimadmike
Sunday 31st July 2005, 13:24
I think the bearing has gone but Haynes say it cant be adjusted only replaced, is it easy? (once I get a 36mm socket).
The cv joint and middle support bearing seem okay.
There is a fair bit of slack in the gearbox/diff going to the driveshaft but I think probably ok.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 31st July 2005, 14:11
I think the bearing has gone but Haynes say it cant be adjusted only replaced, is it easy? (once I get a 36mm socket).
There is a fair bit of slack in the gearbox/diff going to the driveshaft but I think probably ok.£80 for the actual hub.

swordy21
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 17:32
There is a fair bit of slack in the gearbox/diff going to the driveshaft but I think probably ok.

Mike,

I have a spare wheel hub (and the fitting bolts x 4). I thought mine had gone, hence the purchase, but just tunred out to be CV joint gaiter circlip come off and running dry, re-greased and all dandy.

The hardest part is releasing the lower ball joint clamp bolt. Indeed mine was so tight I gave up.

You will need a long breaker bar to release the hub nut, a mate and some muscles.

PS the hub nuts come with the CV joints not the hub kit, so depending on what yours is like you may need another one.

You can have this hub for £65 + P&P if you want (bearing in mind it is heavy). Volvo quoted £140+VAT.

I've got 2 complete CV joint kits as well if anyone wants them. & 2 Repair kits too (one minus clip and grease as above).

PM me if interested.

audimadmike
Saturday 6th August 2005, 20:37
Bearing now sorted (next day) by dealer.
Even got a 15% discount on the part.