PDA

View Full Version : Flat battery...codes and display gone

audimadmike
Sunday 31st July 2005, 12:55
I left the keys in the ignition last night probably on the first turn, something has drained the battery, I jump started and now okay.
BUT......
Radio needs code which is not in my handbook pack..
The computer display is blank..

HOW do I sort out?

Mike :slap:

bigndaft
Sunday 31st July 2005, 13:04
Hi mike....volvo for your radio code, you will need proof of ownership etc. not sure about the computer records...probably got reset. :B_steerin

audimadmike
Sunday 31st July 2005, 13:30
Cheers, I'll call them in the morning and see.
Mike

nikgallagher
Monday 1st August 2005, 08:41
I left the keys in the ignition last night probably on the first turn......

Mate, you must live in a safe area! I have to be careful no-one has them away when I'm doing a three-point turn!!

audimadmike
Monday 1st August 2005, 17:26
Mate, you must live in a safe area! I have to be careful no-one has them away when I'm doing a three-point turn!!
Its safer than most, so far. I do have a secure back garden with a 15' high stone wall around it so they'd have to be keen!

Phoned volvo dealer today, gave them reg No. and they gave me the radio code. Great service....crap security.

p fandango
Monday 1st August 2005, 17:54
Phoned volvo dealer today, gave them reg No. and they gave me the radio code. Great service....crap security.
when i had to get my radio code they wouldn't hand it over without seeing the V5, yet when i went to get some info about someone elses car they gave me a full printout including codes & key numbers :slap: