PDA

View Full Version : resetting service light on mapped ecu!

blackc70310bhp
Saturday 14th May 2011, 21:08
hey there, i got the annoying service light on my c70 and ive found a garage near me that has proper volvo equipment and say it will only be £20
but now im worried cos a friend at work said that their unit if their not carefull has the power to wipe my rica mapped ecu !!

is this true?
will the service light ever go away by itself?
i know most people are'nt too bothered and yes the light does go out after 3 mins each time but it annoys the pants off me cos i service the car more frequently than volvo even reccommend!

and my volvo garage wont reset the light unless they actually service the car!

but im real worried about the risk of my ecu being wiped now too!
that rica job was £540 !!!

p fandango
Saturday 14th May 2011, 21:24
your map can be restored back to factory via software update but not by something as simple as reseting the service light. I think you'll find Rica will replace your map if it does get accidentally wiped

blackc70310bhp
Saturday 14th May 2011, 21:45
that would be cool!!
yeah i cant really believe a light reset could reset the whole ecu, but you never know...!

just read on the net about a simple ignition on/off while holding the milage trip button down can reset the light, has anyone on here tried it?!!

Dave86
Sunday 15th May 2011, 01:23
just read on the net about a simple ignition on/off while holding the milage trip button down can reset the light, has anyone on here tried it?!!

Worked for me a couple of weeks ago can't remember the exact procedure but shouldn't be hard to find just search on google

Vikingxl
Sunday 15th May 2011, 07:31
Or just do what loads of people do and take the bulb out