PDA

View Full Version : Is thinking Actuator is knacked...

silverswedemachine
Sunday 8th May 2011, 16:43
Got round to putting my ME7 manifold and 16T on yesterday, i also got an R spec MBC to put on, spent some time today driving round tryin to sort the boost limit, now i have read quite a few times from numerous people that with an MBC the boost is supposed to be more 'savage' in its spool up... Well as far i am concerned it is no faster than the volvo little black box, on my old 15G atuator if i pulled the rod out and put my finger over the hole and let the rod go it stops after a little bit of movement because of the pressure build up, whereas the 16T one goes all the way back in and then when you release your finger it goes about half a mill back to its stop... If you can imagine that... So i am thinkin the actuator is duff, and will no doubt put my 15G one back on... cheers...

Just in case any one asks, yes it is making good boost, about 16 pound at the mo, im happy with that but it takes a while to get there...

cherry1809
Sunday 8th May 2011, 17:16
Is the MBC plumbed in right?
They stop any pressure getting to the actuator at all until the pressure pushes the ball out the way, So should spool up a lot quicker!

silverswedemachine
Sunday 8th May 2011, 17:46
yeah mate, MBC is in right way...

siamblue
Sunday 8th May 2011, 18:11
I have a spare actuator here for a 16t, pm me if you want too make me an offer,

Gary

smithy
Sunday 8th May 2011, 20:02
turn mbc down and tighten actuator or put 15g actutor on 16t mate.my forge unos mbc is solid boost and no spiking at all

silverswedemachine
Sunday 8th May 2011, 20:43
Yeah i will put the 15G one on, that ran the boost no problem before...

silverswedemachine
Tuesday 10th May 2011, 20:25
Changed my actuator today, took some turns off the MBC and went in hunt of some fuel, much quicker spool up now, still gotta make a few tweaks, the dam boost needle is overshooting the white by a fair bit, gonna get the boost guage out for a check on the numbers at the weekend... Much happier now...

Jamest5r
Tuesday 10th May 2011, 20:38
Changed my actuator today, took some turns off the MBC and went in hunt of some fuel, much quicker spool up now, still gotta make a few tweaks, the dam boost needle is overshooting the white by a fair bit, gonna get the boost guage out for a check on the numbers at the weekend... Much happier now...

Be very careful mate, the end of the white is about 1bar, "3 o'clock" is 1.5bar ish i know this for a fact from a rr session when i was tuning my car. You are in rod bending territory at that boost from low revs.

silverswedemachine
Tuesday 10th May 2011, 21:25
yeah i know mate, i have turned it down some more, like i say i need to test it now n just check my psi with my boost guage...