PDA

View Full Version : Water pump

Tomcat
Saturday 7th May 2011, 17:10
Ok so I've put the new pump on the 850, I've used the new bolts and I've started torquing them up trouble is they're just going and going and I'm scared to death of shearing a bolt off. Got the Torque wrench set as low as it will go just to make sure it's not over tightening them but it's still just turning them...I started by tightening them up hand tight then using the torque wrench. I'm presuming that it's still being pulled over the two dowels but I'm not exactly filled with confidence...

Any thoughts?.

cherry1809
Saturday 7th May 2011, 17:20
No help what so ever, But I'd feel the same as you :(
Once (if) they've stripped, A right Royal pain in the arse will be your next job.

Tomcat
Saturday 7th May 2011, 18:10
I've given up on it, they're as tight as I'm going to get them without breaking them (if I've not already), having had my worries about my torque wrench so I've just turned the engine over with it still set on it's lowest setting and er.....nothing, so I can only presume that it's knackered. Here's hoping that I've not broken any bolts (nothings fallen off anyway).

Volvostorm
Saturday 7th May 2011, 19:12
I reckon you should be ok mate, aslong as you haven't been using a 1/2 breaker bar with a scaffolding pole extension!

Tomcat
Saturday 7th May 2011, 19:20
I reckon you should be ok mate, aslong as you haven't been using a 1/2 breaker bar with a scaffolding pole extension!

Lmao....no.

I've got it all back together now and so far......no leaks and more importantly the annoying noise has gone!..