PDA

View Full Version : Cams...

silverswedemachine
Friday 6th May 2011, 16:16
Is it worth purchasing some n/a cams from a 2.5?? I think i could pick some fairly cheap but not sure if it would be worth a: the hassle of fitting them and b: any performance gained?? i read some where they help with top end power... Only running a 16t, oranges and standard pipe work... Considerin pickin up a TB of it as well...

Flatout Phil
Friday 6th May 2011, 16:27
Is it worth purchasing some n/a cams from a 2.5?? I think i could pick some fairly cheap but not sure if it would be worth a: the hassle of fitting them and b: any performance gained?? i read some where they help with top end power... Only running a 16t, oranges and standard pipe work... Considerin pickin up a TB of it as well...

Sounds like the performance equivalent of travelling from Birmingham to Wolverhampton via the Orkneys. But I dare say others, better informed, will tell me I'm wrong ;)

stu_850t5
Friday 6th May 2011, 16:29
awaits pedro! dam sure he'll know and you bet he has a picture! lol

Tomcat
Friday 6th May 2011, 17:19
Pretty sure the Na cams are higher lift than the turbo ones, from what I've read it's a worthwhile upgrade, cant quote any specific bhp gains though.

smithy
Friday 6th May 2011, 17:29
not much pint with standard turbo mate but they do help with the bigger turbos though,i had them in my v70 with a t35 hybrid mate

p fandango
Friday 6th May 2011, 17:43
NA cams are said by some to be better, i'd of thought the Piper cams have got to be even better tho

PS i've got no pics lol

silverswedemachine
Friday 6th May 2011, 19:10
Pretty much split down the middle in opinion, still none the wiser!!

Volvostorm
Friday 6th May 2011, 20:19
I've got Pipers in mine, but I can't help you any more as I haven't driven her since fitting them! No pics either :(

Tomcat
Friday 6th May 2011, 20:47
Apparently the Piper cams give a 15bhp increase....See Linky (http://www.pipercams.co.uk/pipercams/www/product_nav.php?type=C&cat=CM&man=29&engine=227)