PDA

View Full Version : Pcv breather??

Mongo
Tuesday 3rd May 2011, 21:37
Hello all a while ago i took my car to my local garage to have a cambelt change and new cam seals. I have found milky residue on my dipstick and thought i had a blocked breather i flushed the oil out with cheap 10 30 and put new 1040w semi in, tonight i was just tinkerin in genral and noticed that the breather between pistons 3and4 (pcv?) has been blocked with a tyre valve and a metal plate. I asked why and he said( it was because the engine was chuking oil out of the hole and this wasnt right so i bloked it) im not sure if this is ok but im gesin its not is there any ideas of 1. What i should do 2.how to stop oil being chuked out? Many thanks joe

picture. (the hole between the two plugs)
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35021&highlight=breather

Mongo
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 07:21
Can anyone help please??

Mongo
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 12:12

p fandango
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 12:19
tbh i can't picture what you mean, can you get a picture of the valve & show us

Mongo
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 12:48
tbh i can't picture what you mean, can you get a picture of the valve & show us

Yea that little breather in the picture between the two spark plug holes on the left is chuking out oil so a garage bloked it up a few months ago without me knowing.(with the rubber valve off a tyre) But i dont think it should be bloked but i cant see why oils being chuked out? Do you what hole is & what its for?
Thanks

Mongo
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 16:08
I cant upload another pictue. Sorry im just concernd it could be damaged.

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 16:15
If its the PCV chucking out oil as you suggest in your first post then this is perfectly normal to an extent. The PCV system is designed to "vent" surplus oil and circulate it back into the system.

If I were in your position I would remove the items that have been put in place and see what happen's. Worse case scenario you will have some spilt oil. In any case there should not be large quanitites of oil circulating out of the engine.

Mongo
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 16:44
thanks for your post does anybody no what it actually is from the pic from the 1st post? then if its a breather maybe another breather is blocked hence oil spitting out? i really dont no just trying to get to the bottom of the problem of why it was blocked and whats causing it.
thanks

Mongo
Wednesday 4th May 2011, 19:45