PDA

View Full Version : Air Temperature Sensor

Paul Hassell
Monday 2nd May 2011, 09:29
This is probably a silly question but whereabouts is the Air temperature sensor on a T5 ?

The reason I am asking is that I am fitting an Emerald management system on my T5 and need to wire the air temp sensor to the ECU and I cant seem to find it.

Cheers in advance.

Alan M
Monday 2nd May 2011, 11:04
Theres not one linked to the 850 T5 ECU for fueling purposes but there is one for the dash outside temperature display which is on a clip behind the front bumper on the passenger side. You will need a dedicated air temp sensor for your purpose though as this one will not be correct for purpose. Later model T5 engines use a temp sensor for fueling purposes so it may be best for you to wire in any that will fit your setup. That way you can choose which unit to use and it may also be a cheaper option.

nobananas
Thursday 5th May 2011, 20:35
A lot of the intake air temp sensors are built into the MAFs on Bosch units, not sure however whether this applies to the 850's.

nobananas
Thursday 5th May 2011, 20:41
Just had a look on autodata, and it doesn't show a IAT sensor built into the MAF.

Paul Hassell
Thursday 5th May 2011, 20:54
Thanks for the replies guys, I have now fitted a seperate Bosch ATS to my inlet pipe between the outlet of the intercooler and the plenum.

This will hopefully give me a good temperature reading for my ECU, looking forward to getting it mapped on the rollers next Tuesday.