PDA

View Full Version : S70 roof bars.

wacky racer
Sunday 1st May 2011, 23:45
Hi all.
Im looking to get a pair of roof bars for my S70 T5.
I will be putting my Racing Kart on the roof Aprox 80KG weight.
I know you can buy two types, the volvo spec ones that bolt to the roof under the roof moulding and the other type that clamp inside the door frame/roof.
Which would you recommend? Are the cheaper clamp on ones any good?
I need them to be pretty tough.
How much can you get the bolt on volvo spec ones for?
Thanks.

wacky racer
Monday 2nd May 2011, 08:32
Anyone ?

Phuturephantasy
Monday 2nd May 2011, 08:55
I have a set of Automaxi roofbars that clamp on the doorframe/roof of my S70 T5 which I use for carrying my Yamaha 3m RIB - these are only rated to 75kg, although they do a slightly different set rated to 100kg - available on ebay New for about £100. I have NEVER had any problems with mine and they get well used, taken on and off regularly (5 min job) and have about 50kg on them. Also used them when I moved for carrying large pieces of furniture and they never moved.

Pliskin
Monday 2nd May 2011, 12:35
Hi mate,
I have got a set of Volvo roofs bars which I had on my 850 if you are interested.

They are the ones which go inside the top of the door frame and I am sure will probably fit your S70.

wacky racer
Monday 2nd May 2011, 13:17
Phuturephantasy, are they like these ones?
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=AMSUPBAR8H&a=i
Pliskin, i may take you up on that offer, will let you know.

siamblue
Monday 2nd May 2011, 16:12
I think my V70R ones are 100kg as well but mine are the later Volvo chunky versions,

Gary

Pliskin
Monday 2nd May 2011, 23:06
Phuturephantasy, are they like these ones?
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=AMSUPBAR8H&a=i
Pliskin, i may take you up on that offer, will let you know.

OK mate, having looked at the link mine are more substantial and probably the ones Gary is referring to.

Phuturephantasy
Tuesday 3rd May 2011, 08:02
They ARE the ones I have, they do a more substantial set as well but as Pliskin has a set of Volvo bars I would go for those mate..

wacky racer
Tuesday 3rd May 2011, 20:45
Hi mate,
I have got a set of Volvo roofs bars which I had on my 850 if you are interested.

They are the ones which go inside the top of the door frame and I am sure will probably fit your S70.

PM sent.