PDA

View Full Version : new bits on an old bit...

silverswedemachine
Sunday 1st May 2011, 19:42
Got myself or should i say the volvo, a 16T off a C70 and a later style manifold off a s60 - not the R unfortunatly -, also got a R spec MBC, dunno what these will do in terms of spool up or performance but am hoping it'll be better... The car is running a HLM RICA 304 remap at the mo, is it worth getting an updated map to suit the 16T or is difference only marginal and not worth the money??? Also while im at it, what sorta boost is safe for the new setup? running orange injectors... cheers...

Jamest5r
Sunday 1st May 2011, 19:48
Got myself or should i say the volvo, a 16T off a C70 and a later style manifold off a s60 - not the R unfortunatly -, also got a R spec MBC, dunno what these will do in terms of spool up or performance but am hoping it'll be better... The car is running a HLM RICA 304 remap at the mo, is it worth getting an updated map to suit the 16T or is difference only marginal and not worth the money??? Also while im at it, what sorta boost is safe for the new setup? running orange injectors... cheers...

Ask Hamish for a copy of the custom map i had done for my 16t, i got 289bhp and 456nm. As ive paid for the hard work im sure he will do you a copy for £150.

leet5r
Sunday 1st May 2011, 19:58
Ask Hamish for a copy of the custom map i had done for my 16t, i got 289bhp and 456nm. As ive paid for the hard work im sure he will do you a copy for £150.

james have you still got the print out of that run and was it with the whites in or the oranges
cheers

silverswedemachine
Sunday 1st May 2011, 20:01
cheers jamest5r, so it is worth the extra, i would have thought the oranges would be over worked with the 16T... Looks like HLM might be getting an email...

Jamest5r
Sunday 1st May 2011, 20:12
Post 86, sorry it was 287bhp :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26067&highlight=project+manual&page=5

p fandango
Sunday 1st May 2011, 20:14
Post 86, sorry it was 287bhp :)
fudging the figures lol