PDA

View Full Version : Powerflex bushes

p fandango
Thursday 28th April 2011, 22:11
got my Powerflex bushes for Bonny & i must say they were terrible, the engine stabiliser bushes are impossible to fit & the top mount even tho intended for the D5 vibrates the car worse than if it was running on 2 cylinders. The engine bar bushes had too big a radius & were too thick to fit into the recess in the original bush. As i say the top rear engine mount rattles the car so much under 1krpm even i'm going to swop it for a Volvo one lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 28th April 2011, 22:15
So the verdict on the powerflex bushes on the S60 D5 isnt so good then pedro!

p fandango
Thursday 28th April 2011, 22:23
So the verdict on the powerflex bushes on the S60 D5 isnt so good then pedro!
not a chance, the vibrations inside are so bad that even having just the engine top mount its about 4 times worse than BT with the engine top bush, bulkhead & tie-rod bush. When i first fitted it i had to check i hadn't pulled a plug off one of the cylinders or something lol, its fine over 1krpm but idle & between gearchanges is worst i've known

when you think it cost £51 for engine bar & top mount & neither are useable i'm not overly impressed

JelT5
Friday 29th April 2011, 07:49
not a chance, the vibrations inside are so bad that even having just the engine top mount its about 4 times worse than BT with the engine top bush, bulkhead & tie-rod bush. When i first fitted it i had to check i hadn't pulled a plug off one of the cylinders or something lol, its fine over 1krpm but idle & between gearchanges is worst i've known

when you think it cost £51 for engine bar & top mount & neither are useable i'm not overly impressed

Time to get the grinder out mate lol

That's a bloody pain though; I hate spending money on stuff that doesn't work out well...oh yeah, the bloody Olive Shed being a good example ;)

p fandango
Friday 29th April 2011, 07:59
Time to get the grinder out mate lol
don't you worry, once i've been & got some new tyres Mr Angle Grinder is coming out to remove Bonny's **** locking wheel nuts. Just found out our bonus has been paid in this months wages not next month as i thought :)

That's a bloody pain though; I hate spending money on stuff that doesn't work out well...oh yeah, the bloody Olive Shed being a good example ;)
the shed'll get there. Don't suppose you want a Poly top mount for it (did come off a D5 but sure it'll fit with work lol)

T5frankie
Friday 29th April 2011, 10:03
YOu was expecting a top mount on a diesel to be smooth? Lol

p fandango
Friday 29th April 2011, 12:07
YOu was expecting a top mount on a diesel to be smooth? Lol
if it was a universal part across the S60 range ie intended for a petrol then i'd put my hand up & admit tried but failed, but this is a part specifly for the D5 & isn't fit for purpose. Just been & paid £50 for a genuine Volvo one to replace it now

p fandango
Friday 29th April 2011, 14:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z683S5p-BnY
Powerflex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12HcJNYlUto
new Volvo mount

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9962/dscf0004e.jpg

Redbrick
Friday 29th April 2011, 19:23
I posted up about the unsuitability of the Powerflex D5 top mount must be getting on for two years ago. It was either on here or T5D5. I found with the solid engine torque bush mod it was a ******* nightmare. I've even taken my Powerflexed bottom gearbox to subframe bushes off now as it was just too much vibration at idle.

cornclose
Friday 29th April 2011, 20:02
RobbieH also tried a powerflex top mount on his D5 and rapidly removed it (this was over a year ago...). He sold it to me and it's now on my T5.

p fandango
Friday 29th April 2011, 20:15
first i've heard about them, but i don't go on t5d5 anymore so could be on there. Anyway i'm more known about now so just going to put it on ebay for a petrol engined P2

BT's got all the Powerflex bushes & their fine on that

cornclose
Friday 29th April 2011, 21:55
first i've heard about them, but i don't go on t5d5 anymore so could be on there.

I think it was on here too.

LiamT4
Saturday 30th April 2011, 13:52
I think it was on here too.

It probably was, you know what his memories like. lol

p fandango
Saturday 30th April 2011, 13:53
It probably was, you know what his memories like. lol
who's memory? who am i? where are we? i give up lol