PDA

View Full Version : Total Closure?

JimmyBurnWorld
Tuesday 26th April 2011, 21:34
Sunny wather, doing DIY, frequent short trips to the tip = Sat on the drive with open windows.

Then came the rain.

I used to run a Vauxhall Carlton. If the windows were open, and you blipped it to lock, then pressed and held lock again, all the windows would close. Known as 'Total Closure'.

Do the P2 volvos have this at all? If so how do you use it? I've got an '03 V70 D5 SE.

p fandango
Wednesday 27th April 2011, 05:58
there are loads of software functions that can be turned on by the main stealers, not sure if total closure is one of them but Rufe should be able to tell you

chris1d
Wednesday 27th April 2011, 08:09
I too would be interested to know.

wegal
Wednesday 27th April 2011, 13:25
the 07 onwards have quite a lot of customisable features, pre that its suprising just how little you can actually change. Shame really volvo missed out on a trick there.

The S40 is a lot more adjustable on pre 07 models than the S60... which makes no sense but hey ho.. thats life.

I dont think total closure is available on these cars, however there are after market alarms that will do just about anything you want, including warming the car up for you in the morning before you even leave the house !

p fandango
Wednesday 27th April 2011, 15:53
including warming the car up for you in the morning before you even leave the house !
had that on my bro's Surf, nicely getting warm while you have a cup of tea in the morning. Not sure if its legal now tho because of not having the keys in the car while the engine is running

wegal
Wednesday 27th April 2011, 17:17
yup still legal.... but your insurance company will not pay if the car gets nicked, although a good system ( like a clifford ) wont let anyone drive it anyway. The one I had fitted would cut the engine the instant you touched the throttle pedal.