PDA

View Full Version : My 855R manual - update 2

Giles
Saturday 23rd April 2011, 21:55
Well, hopefully, it is now sorted ;)

Thanks to Smithy for his tireless guide and instructions over the past few weeks, we think I have finally sussed.....

19T actuator and set to about 8psi

MBC on and turned up 29 clicks

Now getting a max of 16psi in 2nd gear, 16/14psi in 3rd gear (until it hits about 5,000rpm then it's 12psi) and man it now flies!

(apologies to Smithy for the bluetooth live-drive 'mapping' on the phone as all he could hear from my end was the dump valve being as chav as it can be, wheelspin noises, the exhaust note and the engine being thrashed lol)

It rained earlier but was getting wheelspin in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear! And also almost ended up in the verge.......

All I can say is that spool-up is quick, boost it very eminent and the car just goes.......

.....i should also thank Si850R and Pedro for their help and day they gave me yesterday, as well as their unwanted comments of 'that's how the car should be' lol ;)

So thanks guys, the car has been transformed and I hope safely too.

AndysR
Saturday 23rd April 2011, 22:22
Nice work, from what I have read it appears you've had a little struggle with the car since getting it so it is nice to see you getting some deserved enjoyment out of it :)

JelT5
Sunday 24th April 2011, 14:29
Ditto what Andy says, well done mate :)

T5frankie
Sunday 24th April 2011, 15:11
now get it racing..........:B_steerin

lance
Tuesday 26th April 2011, 11:31
At last! Im happy for you mate

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 26th April 2011, 14:10
sounds like fun,,,,lol