PDA

View Full Version : D5 Fmic upgrade???

doug kyle
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 20:37
Well the old girl 54 plate 132k on the clock S80 D5 euro 3 with 210bhp rica sports map is heading to it's new owner when i get off of the rigs on Friday.

So i went out & bought myself a 56 plate S60 D5 manual euro4 with 26k on the clock.
I'm after a tuning place / garage who will be able to fit / make a FMIC for the car, if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I live up in not so sunny Scotland,
but i have no problem coming down south to get the job done right!!

Once this is fitted i'll be looking to have the car Rica'd once again,
i think the sports map 250bhp will be way too hard on the car,
so i'll go for the 240bhp one. :)

Cheers Doug.

p fandango
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 20:43
Station Motorsport have done one for a S60 before LINK (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=306076)

sorry for the hijack, but how was the map on the E3 as i keep threatening to get mine done

doug kyle
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:34
The rica sports map worked very well on the S80 E3.
I normally got around 45mpg & high 600's & sometimes 700 miles on long hauls,
out of a tank of fuel. :)
I never got round to putting the car on the rolling road or that but it did give a few bigger powered motors a run for there money haha.

I mainly filled up with Shell V Power Diesel & a splash of Millers Power sport 4 too,
but when i changed to Tesco diesel i gained another 1/2mpg & my driving style did not change, if any got worse because i know the car was for sale.
The only other mod on the car is a ITG panel filter with a bigger cold air intake.

p fandango
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:39
The rica sports map worked very well on the S80 E3.
I normally got around 45mpg & high 600's & sometimes 700 miles on long hauls,
out of a tank of fuel. :)
I never got round to putting the car on the rolling road or that but it did give a few bigger powered motors a run for there money haha.

I mainly filled up with Shell V Power Diesel & a splash of Millers Power sport 4 too,
but when i changed to Tesco diesel i gained another 1/2mpg & my driving style did not change, if any got worse because i know the car was for sale.
The only other mod on the car is a ITG panel filter with a bigger cold air intake.
already got a cone filter but i only use cheap fuel & got 174bhp on the RR, bet the torque was amazing wasn't it after the map? (their not too shabby standard)

doug kyle
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:47
Yes it comes in handy lol. ;)
Well worth the money i say,
thats why i'm sticking with Rica for the E4. :)

p fandango
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:49
Yes it comes in handy lol. ;)
Well worth the money i say,
thats why i'm sticking with Rica for the E4. :)
you can't moan at 250bhp lol

Jaseb77
Wednesday 13th April 2011, 14:14
Having had a Rica sports mapped Manual Euro3 S60 and now an Euro4 S80 Rica stage1 (225bhp)

The E4 map is very different to the "sports Map" that I had on the S60 Manual, and nothing like the T5 map on the C70.

More smooth, but i suppose a wee bit disappointed with the intial "shove into the seat"

But I think this is for a number of reasons:-
The S80 is heavier
Its an Auto (not as good as my T5 4speed auto).
Map has been written with more mechanical longevity in mind.

The new S80 P2 (or is it P3), is so smooth and quiet that rapid progress is very uneventfull, but the speedo does ramp round.

doug kyle
Wednesday 13th April 2011, 21:03
All good them Jaseb77,
i'm not a lover of auto cars,
my old man has a S80 D5 auto on a 04 plate with 30k on the clock & my manual S80 54 plate without the rica map used to pull a couple of cars on him every gear.
With the rica sports map it pulled even more lol.

The S60 i'm getting is on a 56 plate with 20k on the clock & manaul box,
so i'm hoping FMIC & rica sports map will help her fly & upset a few cars round Knockhill lol.

Jaseb77
Thursday 14th April 2011, 11:51
I have used the new RICA softloader, which is a good bit of kit, and can store different maps, and ffor different Volvos going forward

I have E-power D5 & Stage 1 available , 250bhp not an option with the 6speed slush box

SomeBloke
Thursday 14th April 2011, 20:02
You want to have a look at this http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/12199-s60r-t5-fmic/
Comes in at about £900 fitted but if you're gonna up the boost it looks like the best bet :)