PDA

View Full Version : dodgy alarm central locking

Nealevo
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 19:06
hi all

I'm new so looking for help !!!!

just a quick one, i went to unlock my car with the alarm fob and it wouldnt work, so i manually opened it with the key, all the doors opened but the alarm went off and i couldnt deactivate it, the car would not start due to the immobiliser, after the alarm reset i tried again and again and still no joy, so the very very very nice name from the AA came to diagnose, and after a few checks he took out the fuse for central locking and now the car runs but i now have no alarm immob or central locking, has anyone come across this problem before i send it away to auto electrician and cry?

t5 stealth
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 19:10
welcome.....
have you tried a new battery in the remote.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 19:20
Yeah, that's what I would suggest too

Nealevo
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:35
Yeah lads had new batteries in remote as I immediately thought that too, but still nothing, thanks anyway, your help is much appreciated, I'm booked in on Friday so it should be sorted

si850r
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:38
you ll need that alarm living in the ditch mate......

p fandango
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:43
reprogramming the fob to the car might be worth a try, haven't got the info on "how to" on this computer tho :sorry:

Volvostorm
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 21:49
Alarm reprogramming:

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/service/850/AntiTheftSystem.pdf

I had to do mine after changing the battery

Nealevo
Wednesday 13th April 2011, 12:48
Cheers for the info on fob reprogramming, it didn't work but it's something off the to try list. And Si I only need an alarm in the ditch, as you live there too, :-)

Tomcat
Wednesday 13th April 2011, 13:26
Are you sure the fobs working?, hold it near your ear and press the button, you should be able to hear it, presuming simple stuff like the new battery is in the right way around etc??..

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 15th April 2011, 17:36
Ive got the same problem with mine at moment, cant get either fob to work, tryed reprograming to no avail. So annoying, it seems the immobiliser is not disarming, the little red light stays flashing, even with doors unlocked{via key}, an then of course the alarm goes off.

Nealevo
Tuesday 26th April 2011, 21:48
Hi all thanks for all the advice, finally got my alarm immob central locking working, well not me I took it to HLM and they reprogrammed the fobs but I had to have a new one but it's now all working and I can sleep a little easier now, thanks again for all suggestions and links

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 27th April 2011, 07:50
Hi all thanks for all the advice, finally got my alarm immob central locking working, well not me I took it to HLM and they reprogrammed the fobs but I had to have a new one but it's now all working and I can sleep a little easier now, thanks again for all suggestions and links

I have this problem. All worked fine, then one day I went out and thing would not open. All as described above. Managed to disable the alarm - there is some guff in the handbook about this. But have not dared using the plipper since for fear of locking it completely. BTW it helps to disconnect the alarm horn whilst sorting this problem out!
Looks like I may need a reprogramme as have changed batteries etc to no avail.

Nealevo
Friday 29th April 2011, 16:07
I tried reprogramming on the key as described but I needed the alarm sensor redone ??? Whatever that is all working well now and now I have full closure off my fobs which I didn't have before, which is nice

T5frankie
Friday 29th April 2011, 17:07
can the same be done with v70's?