PDA

View Full Version : wahey...................... finally

si850r
Saturday 9th April 2011, 19:12
Evenin all

Well the smile is back....

My motor is sorted without having to pay any garage fees..

After all the grief of no brakes and the tick over from hell its sorted.

I re fitted the intake gasket ( with gasket sealent used this time, and a new seal to the throttle housing ( where there was no gasket). re sealed the injector o rings...

My motor is like a rocket now....

A big thanks to Giles who let me use various different engine components to eliminate different theories and Smithy on the phone to Giles who threw the question of the seal on the throttle body.:smile:

p fandango
Saturday 9th April 2011, 19:15
yay nice one, you using the MBC?

si850r
Saturday 9th April 2011, 19:26
yeah mate.....its on the very end of the white......

Santa
Saturday 9th April 2011, 19:45
A good result :-)

si850r
Saturday 9th April 2011, 19:53
A good result :-)
very good mate....now ive just gotta decide to put my mates chipped ecu in it as well?? wat do u think?

Santa
Saturday 9th April 2011, 20:15
very good mate....now ive just gotta decide to put my mates chipped ecu in it as well?? wat do u think?

Which company chipped it? Should be ok regardless. Can always go back to the standard one :-)

Oh and as your using a MBC you might want to get a Boost Gauge too ensure your not pushing to much boost!

si850r
Saturday 9th April 2011, 20:24
its a company called super chips ( this is according to hamish) its off my mates 855 auto, Ive got a gauge now just gotta plumb it in mate, it s a pillar mounted one..

Ireally cant believe the power of my new found red beast..

Jamest5r
Saturday 9th April 2011, 20:29
See you at York then :bounce:

Giles
Saturday 9th April 2011, 21:39
its a company called super chips ( this is according to hamish) its off my mates 855 auto, Ive got a gauge now just gotta plumb it in mate, it s a pillar mounted one..

If you want help with the gauge/wires etc, give us a shout as i have only just done mine and it's fresh....or check my 'how to'

Glad the car is back to how it should be ;) Smithy really is quite a useful chap...we spent 3 hours swopping bits over to eliminate, and he was on the phone 5 secs, heard it, and diagnosed the throttle body gasket lol......

Santa
Saturday 9th April 2011, 21:56

Its great when something works as it should :-)

Giles
Saturday 9th April 2011, 22:03
Its great when something works as it should :-)

(my new gearbox monday I hope lol)

si850r
Saturday 9th April 2011, 23:43
i think i need to wind the mbc in...its going over the white on the dash gauge....

gotta get around to fitting my pillar mounted gauge asap

T5frankie
Saturday 9th April 2011, 23:51
cant beat a remap+mbc wound up to 22psi....:eclipsee_

p fandango
Saturday 9th April 2011, 23:54
cant beat a remap+mbc wound up to 22psi....:eclipsee_
you can or you'd be top of the 1/4mile list lol. Mind you, now you've got a 850 you might stand a chance lol

T5frankie
Saturday 9th April 2011, 23:56
you can or you'd be top of the 1/4mile list lol. Mind you, now you've got a 850 you might stand a chance lol

the 850 is going mate cant be arsed with the hard ride as my daily driver as well as my weekend toy, and its too boring standard lol oh and watch this space mate cos my car with the new turbo is flyin.............