PDA

View Full Version : 3 cd changer!

C70GT
Thursday 28th July 2005, 10:41
Hello.

New car. Things are great excpet for the stereo.

The 3 cd changer is like the till from Open All Hours :mad:

It wont take cd's and keeps dancing in and out.

Anyone had this before/know the fix?

:dunce:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 28th July 2005, 10:52
Hello.

New car. Things are great excpet for the stereo.

The 3 cd changer is like the till from Open All Hours :mad:

It wont take cd's and keeps dancing in and out.

Anyone had this before/know the fix?

:dunce:I presume they are all clean or unscratched ? Do they work in another CD player ? I think i read a thread before about CD players eating CDs too, there could be one stuck somewhere inside it, might be best to try take it out and see if anythings trapped or looks loose in the mechanism.

C70GT
Thursday 28th July 2005, 11:07
I presume they are all clean or unscratched ? Do they work in another CD player ? I think i read a thread before about CD players eating CDs too, there could be one stuck somewhere inside it, might be best to try take it out and see if anythings trapped or looks loose in the mechanism.

Good idea. I'll have a look in a mo. The cd's are all fine.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 28th July 2005, 12:28
Make sure you dont accidentally put 2 cds in the same slot in the loader (I have seen this done before too).

bigndaft
Thursday 28th July 2005, 18:40
Hi..if its the SC-900 Ive had some fun with mine. do you get any error messages? are you aware that it won't play cd copies very well? try using originals. :B_steerin

C70GT
Thursday 28th July 2005, 18:48
Hi..if its the SC-900 Ive had some fun with mine. do you get any error messages? are you aware that it won't play cd copies very well? try using originals. :B_steerin

Hi.

Yeah I know about the copies and all the cd's I have tried are original. Rang the garage and they said they will get me a new one. :)

01c70t5
Thursday 28th July 2005, 23:17
My SC901 has been playing a pain in the butt as well, I think it's down to the condensation on the CD's more than anything.

I guess I need to use the car more, it's bad not being able to use it in the week :slap: