PDA

View Full Version : maf sensor

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 19:23
Evenin folks....

Would taking the maf sensor off when running ( i know its not supposed to be done....) throw a light up? I ve done this and no light has come on....does that mean the mafs knackered? Still got the misfire and no brakes scenario .....

A big thanks to Giles as well for offering to use his maf to eliminate what I need to replace......

I will be over as soon as poss .......when I have some brakes to stop me....

LiamT4
Monday 4th April 2011, 20:33
Yes, i'v just been out to check.

My car didn't like it, will the light go out by itself?lol

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 20:37
Yes, i'v just been out to check.

My car didn't like it, will the light go out by itself?lol

cheers for that mate.......

I hope yr light does go out.....
When i unplug mine there is no light so Im presuming mine is knackered then...

LiamT4
Monday 4th April 2011, 20:40
cheers for that mate.......

I hope yr light does go out.....
When i unplug mine there is no light so Im presuming mine is knackered then...

Or the bulbs gone.
Does it effect the smoothness of the engine, mine was definatly rougher, although i'd not long started it up, so may be different when its cold.

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 20:44
when i take mine out it stalls.....but ive got a really bad ticko ver and misfire prob at the moment, so maybe its the maf messing every thing up...

Volvostorm
Monday 4th April 2011, 21:06
Poor running and no brakes sounds like a vacuum leak to me, probably on the pipe that feeds the servo

claymore
Monday 4th April 2011, 21:08
Frank had the exact same sumptoms as yours yesterday, hunting and backfiring through the inlet manifold, it was the bung on the end of the inlet manifold had popped out, soon as smithy put it back in with a crow bar, the car was fine. so I can be almost certain that you'v got a huge boost leak, and thinking about it it must be after the throttle body, which only leaves the manifold itself.

Alan M
Monday 4th April 2011, 21:25
If you want to get over to Birmingham Wednesday or after I will gladly have a look over to see if I can help in any way.

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 22:06
If you want to get over to Birmingham Wednesday or after I will gladly have a look over to see if I can help in any way.

cheers for the offer...I will take you up on that as soon as I get some kind of brakes back....im gonna try bleeding them to see if that makes any difference first.

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 22:06
Frank had the exact same sumptoms as yours yesterday, hunting and backfiring through the inlet manifold, it was the bung on the end of the inlet manifold had popped out, soon as smithy put it back in with a crow bar, the car was fine. so I can be almost certain that you'v got a huge boost leak, and thinking about it it must be after the throttle body, which only leaves the manifold itself.

where this bung mate?

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 22:08
Poor running and no brakes sounds like a vacuum leak to me, probably on the pipe that feeds the servo

i ve had a look at the pipe although i didnt take it off from what I could see after removing the air box etc...it seemed in good nick, maybe I need to take the whole pipe off and have a good look.

Volvostorm
Monday 4th April 2011, 22:17
Could also by the servo its self, or the valve that goes into it, its white on mine.

si850r
Monday 4th April 2011, 22:22
ive tried pumping the pedal with the engine off, the pedal goes stiff then when i switch the ignigtion on the pedal depresses slightly which means its working?

Volvostorm
Monday 4th April 2011, 22:45
Means you are getting some vacuum, yes.