PDA

View Full Version : Annual check up for the car.

LiamT4
Saturday 2nd April 2011, 15:48
Car had its main service today and check up, i asked the bloke to tell me about anything wrong or starting to go with the car as i may be selling it soon (or maybe not. lol)
So heres the list. lol

Slight perishing to subframe shocker bushes.
Rear shock absorber bushes starting to perish.
Slight perishing to front brake hoses.
Very slight play in steering.
O/S/F wishbone bushes starting to seperate.
Slight corrosion and lip to front discs inner surfaces.
Slight coolant staining to radiator.
Outer cv boots pershing.

The only things that need attention, in his oppinion, in the next year were cv boots, wishbone bushes and possibly brake hoses. Which is good news on the discs as i thought i'd have to replace them this year but he said they should be fine untill its next big service, next year.
The other things that he mentioned, had years left on them.

Any comments? Does it sound ok?

AndysR
Sunday 3rd April 2011, 22:25
Doesn't sound to bad, some of that list appears to be giving you a good reason to upgrade the suspension. ;)
I would probably replace the radiator, if there is staining then it has started to leak, although maybe only slightly it's more than I would feel comfortable with...

LiamT4
Sunday 3rd April 2011, 22:33
Doesn't sound to bad, some of that list appears to be giving you a good reason to upgrade the suspension. ;)
I would probably replace the radiator, if there is staining then it has started to leak, although maybe only slightly it's more than I would feel comfortable with...

He did say to keep an eye on it, although it wasn't wet and the coolant level hasn't dropped, it could be the start of something more.

They just sound like normal wear to me.

Supension would be something i'd like to do.