PDA

View Full Version : Debadging the brick........

Babybadger
Thursday 28th July 2005, 01:09
Has anyone debadged their brick, and how did they go about it. Never tried this before , but I have at least 4 badges on the back and am sick to death of them, '850' , 'volvo' , 'turbo' , and the 'w*^ker' garage that originally sold it.

Thanks in advance.

Babybadger

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 28th July 2005, 01:19
Has anyone debadged their brick, and how did they go about it. Never tried this before , but I have at least 4 badges on the back and am sick to death of them, '850' , 'volvo' , 'turbo' , and the 'w*^ker' garage that originally sold it.

Thanks in advance.

BabybadgerOne Hairdryer, dollop of patience, and finger nails, medium to long.

'95R
Thursday 28th July 2005, 03:08
Also:
Degreaser + rag tower to help get the adhesive off
Polish + wax to clean the paint

Vikingxl
Thursday 28th July 2005, 03:29
Try wd40 for the glue it shifted mine no problem.

pault5
Thursday 28th July 2005, 06:36
i used dental floss to cut the badges off then wd40 and a wax polish. fairly hard work!
paul

thedrill
Thursday 28th July 2005, 08:15
i used dental floss to cut the badges off then wd40 and a wax polish. fairly hard work!
paul

Have you got any jobs going at your place of work? If you class removing badges hard work...im in the wrong job!! LOL. :remybussi

audimadmike
Thursday 28th July 2005, 08:44
1. I got the badges off my ex-wifes car in less than 30 seconds....A sharp cold chisel and 5lb club hammer! works a treat and was a good talking point with the solicitors she used.
Only downside is the bodyshop want £260 to repair the dents and gouges!

2. I removed my own with a plastic ice scraper and WD40, carefully. A couple of minor scratches were made but came out with T Cut, you'd never know there were badges on there now.

Hope suggestion 2 helps.
Michael

M44K TS
Thursday 28th July 2005, 09:42
i like suggestion 1

Every car i have taken badges off (my wn cars by the way) it has been a straight forward task of peeling the bagdes then peeling the glue, without the use of dental floss or hairdryers etc.. But i tried to debagde my dads 850 and i can safelly say, Volvo must weld the badges never mind stick them on, i took ages with the hairdryer and WD40, that's why i haven't debadged mine.....yet

Straker
Thursday 28th July 2005, 12:48
I took mine off with a razor blade (carefully) then got rid of the foam and glue with some t-cut and elbow grease. The t-cut blends the badged area with the non badged.

I have de-badged cars before and there is no quick way of doing it without risking damage to the paint. :bricks:

jim_from_surrey
Saturday 30th July 2005, 00:11
i like suggestion 1

Every car i have taken badges off (my wn cars by the way) it has been a straight forward task of peeling the bagdes then peeling the glue, without the use of dental floss or hairdryers etc.. But i tried to debagde my dads 850 and i can safelly say, Volvo must weld the badges never mind stick them on, i took ages with the hairdryer and WD40, that's why i haven't debadged mine.....yet

here Mark, you'll have to change your avatar if you debadge!

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 30th July 2005, 00:23
DON'T do it...otherwise people will think your a 2.0 10V or a diesel....and have a big fluffy beard and irish setters.....

Goof
Saturday 30th July 2005, 01:41
My 854 only has the "Volvo" badge on - I have the T-5 badge, and am thinking of spraying it black and sticking it back on. - Car is black, and I'd only want it on if it was difficult to see! (a bit stealthy stylie).

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 30th July 2005, 01:45
Nice Idea.........

Make sure you key it up properly as the paint won't stick to the polished chrome ..

Goof
Saturday 30th July 2005, 03:03
The chrome is wearing away - a light sand off should do it maybe?

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 30th July 2005, 04:17
Let Us Know The Results.... :)

M44K TS
Saturday 30th July 2005, 10:53
The chrome is wearing away - a light sand off should do it maybe?

my mate used wire wool on his saxo badges to turn them from chrome to black, easier than painting and looks much better than painted.

http://images8.fotki.com/v153/photos/4/41671/1872303/294_9426-vi.jpg

Babybadger
Friday 5th August 2005, 20:24
All done, used dental floss (used oral b smells better , none of that cheap superdrug ££££e for me!)

Then rubbed the glue of with my finger and t-cut to finish.

Looks fantastic.

Now only says 'VOLVO' and '850', and scares these little plebs senseless, with their corsa/106/shoebox with bookshelf on the back ,pants cars with crap alternators that can't handle a stereo for a nightclub.........that'll teach em to look over at me looking like a monkey gripping the steering wheel at 12 o'clock (I was taught 10 to 2) lunging up and down to some techno like they are riding up and down on a dildo.......££££££££s!.......Sorry about that rant!