PDA

View Full Version : How to turn daylight running lights off

lurchio2
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:20
Hi. How to turn my daylight running lights off. I've turned the screw by the switch but that just turns the little side lights off. Not the dip beam sidelights. Any ideas.

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:29
i've done it on mine but can't remember how, did a quick search & found you remove the terminal labelled 56b from the headlight relay (i know the next question, which is the headlight relay & i can't remember sorry)

kee1173
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:32
sure it did nt involve any grinding Pedro.....LOL

james
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:35
Hi. How to turn my daylight running lights off. I've turned the screw by the switch but that just turns the little side lights off. Not the dip beam sidelights. Any ideas.

looks like we are in the same boat mate mine does the same i'll look into it and get back to you,,,think it is the fusebox open tho as others have said

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:36
sure it did nt involve any grinding Pedro.....LOL
how do you think i removed the terminal off the relay lol

kee1173
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:42
how do you think i removed the terminal off the relay lol

LMAO....bet your like a ninja with that grinder...LOL

I have day running lights on mine, cant be bothered to switch off and come in handy when going into tunnels as tell everyone it has auto lights.....LOL

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2011, 22:51
LMAO....bet your like a ninja with that grinder...LOL

I have day running lights on mine, cant be bothered to switch off and come in handy when going into tunnels as tell everyone it has auto lights.....LOL
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/anglegrinder.jpg

i always leave the lights on dipped beam in Bonny because i can't be bothered to turn them off lol

kee1173
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:14
I find that a bit worrying that you actually have pics like that.............................LOL

JT
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:17
I find that a bit worrying that you actually have pics like that.............................LOL

only a bit!! lol

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:18
despite the pic being robbed from the Coventry Telegraph its not actually me (or is it ;) lol)

kee1173
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:22
well if its, what can i say ....errrrrrrrrr.....you look good?.......LOL

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:27
well if its, what can i say ....errrrrrrrrr.....you look good?.......LOL
i think you need to up your dosage mate lol

kee1173
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:31
or take less .....LOL mind you glad we re helping with this light problem.......LOL

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:37
or take less .....LOL mind you glad we re helping with this light problem.......LOL
i think we've solved that one anyway, just wondering why i can't sleep & got to be up at 5am tomorrow :mad:

kee1173
Thursday 31st March 2011, 23:47
Always the way mate, i am the same....if got to be up early can never sleep, then an hour before i got to be up fall into the deepest sleep.....try counting all the kilos of items you have taken off BT...LOL

p fandango
Friday 1st April 2011, 00:00
Always the way mate, i am the same....if got to be up early can never sleep, then an hour before i got to be up fall into the deepest sleep.....try counting all the kilos of items you have taken off BT...LOL
already done that mate (312.4kg lol LINK (http://www.box.net/shared/5u97u5h3j9)). I'm trying some online shopping for bits to finish her off

kee1173
Friday 1st April 2011, 00:05
well, would love to stay but all this talk of sleep is making me sleepy, so off to bed...Take it easy mate and enjoy the shopping ...lol cheers Kee

p fandango
Friday 1st April 2011, 00:14
well, would love to stay but all this talk of sleep is making me sleepy, so off to bed...Take it easy mate and enjoy the shopping ...lol cheers Kee
sounds like a good idea, catch you later mate

T5frankie
Friday 1st April 2011, 05:46
You have to undo the fuse cover four torx screws. It's
Under the bonnet on the left you then take the green relay out as Pedro says I think its blade number 56b get a screwdriver and push it flat then plug the relay back in job done

p fandango
Friday 1st April 2011, 07:03
Under the bonnet on the left you then take the green relay out as Pedro says I think its blade number 56b get a screwdriver and rush it flat then plug the relay back in job done
wasn't sure which relay it was, cheers mate

kee1173
Friday 1st April 2011, 12:29
does it help performance if i switch these off......LOL

p fandango
Friday 1st April 2011, 14:01
does it help performance if i switch these off......LOL
it does on BT because i've took the alternator off as well lol

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 1st April 2011, 16:52
On some 850 T5s there's a small hole to the left of the light dimmer switch on the right of the dash. If you put a paper clip in there and push it may turn your running lights off.

On the V70 if you want them turned on a Volvo garage has to do it via a software switch, and if they don't have the software Volvo charge them £25 for it!!!

james
Friday 1st April 2011, 18:45
Under the bonnet on the left you then take the green relay out as Pedro says I think its blade number 56b get a screwdriver and push it flat then plug the relay back in job done

hi there dont suppose u have a piccy of the relay with fuse bent over to be sure bfore butchering wrong one pretty please lol

p fandango
Friday 1st April 2011, 19:09
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/info/DSCF0004.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/info/DSCF0005.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/info/DSCF0006.jpg