PDA

View Full Version : Towbar 1999 V70 T5

jdavis
Thursday 31st March 2011, 16:09
Looking at getting a towbar for my P1 V70.
Found a witter one with electrics that's just come off a V70.
Do they just plug in or does it involve splicing in to indicator/brake light wiring? are they relatively easy to install?

thanks

t5 pete
Thursday 31st March 2011, 16:33
Ive got one at myne its the detachable type but its missing the ball part but im sure you wil be able to get another i just want a tenner for it

jdavis
Thursday 31st March 2011, 18:07
Ive got one at myne its the detachable type but its missing the ball part but im sure you wil be able to get another i just want a tenner for it

I've just committed to buying one off fleebay pal with twin electrics etc nearly new for a very reasonable amount.
cheers though

dave854
Tuesday 5th April 2011, 13:20
on the electrics there are spade terminals on the backs of the clusters where you can pick up the indicator, fog and reverse light feeds without tapping into any cables. The brakes and running lights on the original fit one plugs in just before the bulb failure sensor unit under the floor, this then drives the green trailer light in the dash. I'll see if I can get some wiring diagrams at some point. Hope this helps.

jdavis
Saturday 9th April 2011, 10:33
on the electrics there are spade terminals on the backs of the clusters where you can pick up the indicator, fog and reverse light feeds without tapping into any cables. The brakes and running lights on the original fit one plugs in just before the bulb failure sensor unit under the floor, this then drives the green trailer light in the dash. I'll see if I can get some wiring diagrams at some point. Hope this helps.

That'd be great if you could do some form of diagram or ideas on location of bulb failure unit.
thanks