PDA

View Full Version : Koni FSD experiences

AndysR
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 20:08
Hopefully going to be fitting a set of these to mine soon and was just wondering of those who have ever fitted them or been out in a car fitted with them what settings they had the shocks on for the rear suspension. I note they can be adjusted and as they can't be adjusted once on the car I want to make sure I get a good setting on them before I fit to save me having to remove them again to adjust them.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

t5 pete
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:04
Ive got them on my car and cannot find any fault with them, i noticed you said you can adjust them but im sure you cannot as they are supposed to adapt to your driving style there for not needing to be manually adjusted

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:10
Ive got them on my car and cannot find any fault with them, i noticed you said you can adjust them but im sure you cannot as they are supposed to adapt to your driving style there for not needing to be manually adjusted

Correct they are not adjustable.

cookie
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:12
Do you mean Koni Adjustables? as FSD's AFAIK aren't adjustable, or recommended to be used with lowering springs

Volvostorm
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:15
Thers no adjustment on mine.

cookie
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:20
Spec'd and constructed by RT Mechanics

What settings did Russ suggest:smirk:

p fandango
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:22
obviously none if there not adjustable lol

Stedman
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:25
Andy, whatever you views are on T5D5, it's worth asking there. Many people have used them, Jardon currently has a set on his car. At least yo'ull have more feedback to cast your own judgements. :)

SKIDMARKS
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 21:33
Just fitted a set of dampers n springs I bought from Barnsley Bill. They do make a great difference to the handling but are a harder ride with the Eibach's

You need coilovers for adjustables.

AndysR
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 22:15
Umm that's strange the rear shocks definately say top adjustable on them. I also read on the web some where that the adjustment is made by fully depressing the shock to it's lowest travel and then turning the shock, sleeve is it? the outer part. I have done this and the shock dampening changes and is noticeable even by hand...
Perhaps they're not FSD's but another type of shock they produce as they're definately Koni.
Maybe I'll give Koni a ring in the morning and quote the model codes from the shocks and ask...

AndysR
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 22:17
Do you mean Koni Adjustables? as FSD's AFAIK aren't adjustable, or recommended to be used with lowering springs

Yes I think that maybe what they are... I just thought they were all called FSD's.. :rolling_e

AndysR
Wednesday 30th March 2011, 22:18

Good point, I'll ring him and ask, Cheers.

AndysR
Thursday 31st March 2011, 20:17
Have now spoken to Koni's UK supplier and it turns out they aren't the FSD's and are top adjustable from their sport range. They suggested trying half way between firm and soft and after speaking to Russ he also advised the same so that's what I will do.
Cheers to those who provided input.