PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of dieing BCS ?

nobananas
Sunday 27th March 2011, 19:23
What are the symptoms of a dieing BCS ? My T5 doesn't seem to want to hold 1.1 bar and tends to drop off to 0.8. I've tightened the wastegate just a little and it seems to boost a little higher in 4th and 5th but 2nd and 3rd it still only hits 0.8, wondered if this was a sign of a knackered BCS and worth trying a different one before fitting a MBC .

smithy
Sunday 27th March 2011, 20:31
What are the symptoms of a dieing BCS ? My T5 doesn't seem to want to hold 1.1 bar and tends to drop off to 0.8. I've tightened the wastegate just a little and it seems to boost a little higher in 4th and 5th but 2nd and 3rd it still only hits 0.8, wondered if this was a sign of a knackered BCS and worth trying a different one before fitting a MBC .

just go straight for the mbc mate but leave the bcs plugged in so no lights come on the dash mate

t5 pete
Sunday 27th March 2011, 20:39
Its either the bcs or the acuator failing ive seen some new acuator on abay but cannot make my mind up on them theres 4 different bar settings on so you have to pick which one you want

nobananas
Sunday 27th March 2011, 22:38
Its either the bcs or the acuator failing ive seen some new acuator on abay but cannot make my mind up on them theres 4 different bar settings on so you have to pick which one you want

Hmm, just been looking at them, never knew they came in different flavours, just assumed that when the boost level was met the BCS opened and hence the actuator, live and learn !

t5 pete
Sunday 27th March 2011, 22:42
Hmm, just been looking at them, never knew they came in different flavours, just assumed that when the boost level was met the BCS opened and hence the actuator, live and learn !

Thats what confused me im going to be running 20psi so gunna get the 1.5 bar one but might get the 1.2 bar one and wind it in alittle

LiamT4
Sunday 27th March 2011, 22:59

Sounds similar to mine, but as volvo decided that there was no need for a boost gauge i can't be sure what happening with the boost pressure.