PDA

View Full Version : fu****n car

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 12:32
went to my motor this morning after leaving the battery off all night. IT starts at hits about 4000 then drops slowly then ticks over at about 450 500 ish.. the flashing arrow is on the dash but the other light went out(the one that looks like a light bulb)..The arrow came on yesterday after I read somewhere to disconnect the sensor that goes on the underside of the idle control valve(maybe the throttle sensor?)

I might take Giles up on his offer of using his code reader.... :-(

Volvostorm
Sunday 27th March 2011, 13:06
Will be your best bet to get the codes read.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 27th March 2011, 14:40
Disconneting the throttle sensor would probably have caused that problem as it would have been an open circuit and the ecu would have had to compensate somehow.

We'll have to have a tech meet and go over each others problems

Santa
Sunday 27th March 2011, 17:57
Disconneting the throttle sensor would probably have caused that problem as it would have been an open circuit and the ecu would have had to compensate somehow.

We'll have to have a tech meet and go over each others problems

Where and when, I can.....eeerrrmmmm......bring cakes lol

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 18:05

forget the cakes mate....bring some valium.......lol

nobananas
Sunday 27th March 2011, 18:16
Just thinking you say you've had the inlet manifold off, the main PCV pipe runs under the inlet manifold and is in-cased in foam. This pipe is like glass when it gets old, very easily broken, any chance it got broken whilst doing the manifold ?

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 18:28
i dont think it did mate, and what makes me think that is the fact that i only took the manifold off enough so that i could get to the gasket and change it . The pipes remained where they were and I didnt catch them when putting it back together. Its got to be something simple as when you get over tick over ie from start or out of traffic it still drives, although when at constant revs lets say at 2500 doing 60mph it feels sluggish and sometimes can feel the misfire.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 27th March 2011, 20:15

Sounds like a plan.

Dunno where, but how about Friday night?

i dont think it did mate, and what makes me think that is the fact that i only took the manifold off enough so that i could get to the gasket and change it . The pipes remained where they were and I didnt catch them when putting it back together. Its got to be something simple as when you get over tick over ie from start or out of traffic it still drives, although when at constant revs lets say at 2500 doing 60mph it feels sluggish and sometimes can feel the misfire.
Is it boosting ok?

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 20:26
no probs with the boost, I dont want to boost to hard tho just incase its a fuel issue and start hurting things....

Santa
Sunday 27th March 2011, 20:58
Sounds like a plan.

Dunno where, but how about Friday night?

Think I'm available then. Need a where.....bearing in mind Night usually means its dark. (Not that I'm scared of the dark.......honest.......but doing engine stuff without light makes things slightly difficult.)

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 21:19
i could bring a couple of candles.........for your cake that is mate :-)

Santa
Sunday 27th March 2011, 21:27
Thinking individual muffin type cakes lol

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 21:50
mmmmmmm...muffin cakes......bring lots....friday is no good for me :-(
can manage sunday or a weekday evening......

wat ever day you will hera my car coming.......

ha ha chitty chitty bang bang chitty chitty bang bang...

Santa
Sunday 27th March 2011, 22:02
I'll probably be at Avon Sunday. (At the disapointment of my wife because it's mothers day).

I might be ok for most of the week nights next week. I think Daves place would be ideal......he might have tools lol

si850r
Sunday 27th March 2011, 22:27
i ll leave it to u mate.....Im gonna send the injectors off to jimathan...he s just got back to me 59 quid cleaned..new o rings and posted back, fair price I thought, even if the prob aint them its gotta be worth doing at that price.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 28th March 2011, 08:18
Think I'm available then. Need a where.....bearing in mind Night usually means its dark. (Not that I'm scared of the dark.......honest.......but doing engine stuff without light makes things slightly difficult.)

Dark is not a problem, I've got an X21....

http://www.ledco.co.uk/content/productView.aspx?prodId=14

Plus other various light sources

Santa
Monday 28th March 2011, 10:09
Hopefully the injector clean will fix it :-)

Dangerous Dave
Monday 28th March 2011, 12:39
I'll probably be at Avon Sunday. (At the disapointment of my wife because it's mothers day).

I might be ok for most of the week nights next week, I think Daves place would be ideal......he might have tools lol
I'll be free thursday night all being well. LOL I do have some tools, I tend to do most of my work at my parents, but my house is fine for a little job like that (although the driveway gate is a little narrow to get into) and the tools I have should cover it.

Jamest5r
Monday 28th March 2011, 13:08
Ive just got an industrial unit in Aston if you want to borrow foe a couple of hours