PDA

View Full Version : V70R project car till i get bored...

kee1173
Saturday 26th March 2011, 22:01
Well thought i had better start a thread on my V70R....
She is a 1997 V70R Black FWD Auto, which i bought 4 weeks ago for the princly sum of a Grand, to good to be missed.
She 147,400 on the clock with full Volvo Service History up to 107,000 then independant after with quite a few receipts...previous owner in the last 6 months has put 4 pirelli Zeros on her, new water pump, Power rack, radiator, new comet alloy on the front although silver..
She has 17" Comet alloys Anthracite, Still has Original R mats, First aid kit, tool kit, Load cover basically everything it came out the factory with it still has..
Since i have had her, given a full service with NGK Plugs, Fitted K&N cone Filter but had to adapt this as came off a BMW 330, New front suspension top Mounts and a fresh 12 month MOT.....
Today tho i had the pleasure of fitting a powerflex polybush front top engine mount, not something i am in a rush to do again..LOL,
This tho lead to me taking off the front Grill to Spray Black, taking off the Air duct hoses for a clean, and now my silicone vaccum hoses have turned up i can replace all these....so basically the car is in bits at the mo....Just waiting for the Strut brace to turn up hopefully Monday and that will be the first phase done..
if this works i should load up some photos of the day i got her and this is how she was when i picked her up..
Anyway have a few plans for but at the mo other than the mods i am doing at the mo, she needs a good Valet, complete cut back and polish on the paint work, Interior thorough clean and most of all the alloys need a total Refurb

Jamest5r
Saturday 26th March 2011, 22:18
Nice mate, never meet you but im guessing your abour 4 foot tall looking at pic 3 lol.

Edit..no offence mean't if you are only 4 foot tall.

kee1173
Saturday 26th March 2011, 22:20
LMAO...actually 3ft 6, i was on a box....lol

kee1173
Saturday 26th March 2011, 22:23
Actually just cottoned on, the seat is a bit forward, good eye sight mate...lol. i had been tinkering making sure everything worked but to be honest i am only 5ft 4 anyway, all my height went elsewhere, just call me tripod................i wished lol

kee1173
Sunday 3rd April 2011, 00:21
Well had a week at doing jobs on her:
Started with refurbing the alloys that badly need doing and once started the 2 original back ones were really bad. Started with sanding back but ended up getting Nitromors to totally remove the paint, much easier so now i have 4 matching Anthracite Alloys...Although still need to do the 4th one as the locking nut rounded off..
Also painted the badly rusted calipers Blue with hammerite smooth, look a lot better.
Next i fitted the Polybush top mount, what a pig that is to do.
Then changed the vac hoses for blue silicone ones and agin the one i need to get to i cant get at as goes into the Turbo somewhere, so taped it for now until i get time to investigate.
Took out the bottom half of the air filter box as had the cone filter resting in it, trying this to see if any better.
Fitted Strut brace, was going well till i snapped the last bolt,all the others just tightened up then stopped this one kept going and going then snap.
So peed off i waxed her with Auto Glyn deep shine but think she needs another going over really.
All in all got a lot done but then go to start her up and battery is dead,
Ahhh well tomorrow is another day ...LOL