PDA

View Full Version : v40 .. Rear shockers? stuck.. help

Mark_V40T4
Saturday 26th March 2011, 10:36
im currently in the process of changing my springs and have come across abit of a problem.

now front are no bother at all but im stuck with the rear. to remove the rear shock there's the bolt at the bottom going through the bush on the bottom of the shockers those bolt doesn't want to seem to budge and the only way i can see getting it out is to cut the end of the bolt out and knock it out now this is not a problem however in the process this is going to sacrifice the bushes and i can't seem to find new ones anywhere?

is there any other way i can do this or would it be as volvo say need new shockers?

thanks for looking.

nobananas
Saturday 26th March 2011, 20:13
Sounds as if the bolt has rusted into the bushes metal sleeve and the sleeve itself is turning inside of the bush. I think you're only option is to destroy and replace !.

Mark_V40T4
Sunday 27th March 2011, 20:28
but i can't find replacement bushes anywhere any ideas?

nobananas
Sunday 27th March 2011, 23:05
but i can't find replacement bushes anywhere any ideas?

Are the bushes pressed into the shock absorber 'eye' ?. If so then unfortunately they will only come with the shocks unless you can find a poly alternative ?

Mark_V40T4
Monday 28th March 2011, 07:56
think so yea, cant find any poly ones :(

thanks

nobananas
Monday 28th March 2011, 22:44
think so yea, cant find any poly ones :(

thanks

Don't know if it's worth you measuring the bushes then contacting a poly bush supplier, they may be able to match up a set ?