PDA

View Full Version : heated rear seats

PHIL V70R
Friday 25th March 2011, 21:38
evening all just after some info...wanting 2 put heated rear eats in the v70R just thinking what would i need and did the R come with them as standed...any help would be great cheers lads..:wavey:

kee1173
Friday 25th March 2011, 22:00
mine has nt got heated rear seats but i know they did have them...maybe an optional extra...i only have buttons for the front but i thought i had seen them as std...maybe certain years..be interesting to find out

Jim S70R
Saturday 26th March 2011, 01:22
My s70r has a heated rear bench, works off a single button that goes in the back of the centre console next to the cigar lighter. Not 100 percent on the break down but it does the bench & backrest.

PHIL V70R
Saturday 26th March 2011, 08:37
will have 2 have a look at mine sure it dont have any.....could they be fitted?????

HADI
Saturday 26th March 2011, 08:50
will have 2 have a look at mine sure it dont have any.....could they be fitted?????

im sure the wiring will be around there for the heated seats

LeeT5
Saturday 26th March 2011, 10:30
It is an optional extra. My laser R had them. You will need new seats or have the heating elements in the foam fitted (costly) and the switch that goes in the rear of the center console. All the wiring is there. if you look under the rear seat you should see a small black plug just protruding out from the carpet soundproofing. TBH it's not worth it fella unless you have two people in the back all the time. When it's cold you will forget they are there and your rear seat passengers won't realise either.

PHIL V70R
Saturday 26th March 2011, 16:02
It is an optional extra. My laser R had them. You will need new seats or have the heating elements in the foam fitted (costly) and the switch that goes in the rear of the center console. All the wiring is there. if you look under the rear seat you should see a small black plug just protruding out from the carpet soundproofing. TBH it's not worth it fella unless you have two people in the back all the time. When it's cold you will forget they are there and your rear seat passengers won't realise either.

just was thinkin about it....think i will leve it alone as its runing ok cheers lads

britten_mark
Thursday 28th April 2011, 20:49
Always wanted these as I'm a sucker for buttons and gadgets. When on hols in the USA I bought an aftermarket kit (actually buy one get one free!) and had a local trimmer fit the pads. These were impossible to come by over here back then but the situation may have changed.

Cost about £100 for the kit and the same from the trimmer. The kids loved them but I stupidly sold the car soon after, feckwit....still have the spare kit, saving it for a "keeper" car.

Rogerb
Saturday 11th June 2011, 23:35
I fitted them to my V70 out of a scrap one fitting the pads is right pain in the arse for the upright part of the seats.I had to fit all the cables and change all the wirers under the gear suround and this was on a 1998 CD spec
car.
I did it just because there were there and did not coust much.

Regards Rogerb