PDA

View Full Version : Cam belt kits

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:13
My engine has been rebuilt with it's nice strong rods and the only thing left to do is get a new cam belt kit....so got on the phone to Rufe's place and attempted to order one, told them it was a B5234 engine and they told me they are not all the same and there are variations?????

I thought all B5234 blocks/heads were the same??? even if some had "T", "T4", "T5" etc on them after the numbers, anyone shead some light on this pls.

Cheers

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:19
aren't ME7 T-5's still called B5234? i bet they've got a different belt because of the VVT

T5frankie
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:20
cool so what you got left to do then mate till its all up and runnig? and will it be ready for york?

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:25
aren't ME7 T-5's still called B5234? i bet they've got a different belt because of the VVT

I told them it was from an 850, they know me quite well for all the bits ive bought over the last couple of years so was having a good chat lol, i think they are a bit worried as they know its just been rebuilt and they dont want to be responsible for buggering up but they are only going by what the computer says.

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:29
cool so what you got left to do then mate till its all up and runnig? and will it be ready for york?

Get the right cam belt lol and then bolt the s60r mani on and turbo and put it in the car job done, then off to Hamish for a copy of the map Smithy had done for the t35 and see how it does on that on the rollers. Just need somewhere to do the swop as its on my neighbours drive at the mo, but Smithy is off work next week so hopefully he will get his car finished so i can have a space in the garage lol, but yes ready for york but maybe a quick test at avon before if i can fit it in.

T5frankie
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:32
Get the right cam belt lol and then bolt the s60r mani on and turbo and put it in the car job done, then off to Hamish for a copy of the map Smithy had done for the t35 and see how it does on that on the rollers. Just need somewhere to do the swop as its on my neighbours drive at the mo, but Smithy is off work next week so hopefully he will get his car finished so i can have a space in the garage lol, but yes ready for york but maybe a quick test at avon before if i can fit it in.

just as i was getting closer to yours on the track you go and move the goalposts lol

pookie
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:51
Get a Gates timing belt kit. Top quality gear.

Salut!

Pookie

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:53

Might well be the confusion cheers mate, will call again tommorrow.

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:55
just as i was getting closer to yours on the track you go and move the goalposts lol

Once you smoke the crack pipe of modding it never stops lol, had the car nearly 5yrs now and finally it might be where i dreamed of it being when i started.

T5frankie
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:57
Once you smoke the crack pipe of modding it never stops lol, had the car nearly 5yrs now and finally it might be where i dreamed of it being when i started.

i know what you mean, ive already started on the t5-r lol

JelT5
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:32
My engine has been rebuilt with it's nice strong rods and the only thing left to do is get a new cam belt kit....so got on the phone to Rufe's place and attempted to order one, told them it was a B5234 engine and they told me they are not all the same and there are variations?????

I thought all B5234 blocks/heads were the same??? even if some had "T", "T4", "T5" etc on them after the numbers, anyone shead some light on this pls.

Cheers

I had a quote from Rufe last year for the timing belt kit, our cars are virtually identical (except that yours works properly lol) so here's the bit out of the email with the part number:

Timing Belt Kit: [30758260]
- This kit includes a Timing Belt, Plastic Washer, Tensioner Pulley, Idler Pulley.

HTH mate :)

Jamest5r
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:37
I had a quote from Rufe last year for the timing belt kit, our cars are virtually identical (except that yours works properly lol) so here's the bit out of the email with the part number:

Timing Belt Kit: [30758260]
- This kit includes a Timing Belt, Plastic Washer, Tensioner Pulley, Idler Pulley.

HTH mate :)

Thanks mate, the voice of reason at last lol, this will be it's 4th engine change but ill go with that above as i know the engine is out of a 95 car.

Cheers

JelT5
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:39
Thanks mate, the voice of reason at last lol, this will be it's 4th engine change but ill go with that above as i know the engine is out of a 95 car.

Cheers

Then you can blame me when it goes bang ;)