PDA

View Full Version : too chav or not to chav, that is the question

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 13:47
having peeled most of the lacquer off the bonnet is now going matt/satin black, & with the rear 2 recess plates the rear edge of the bonnet has been raised so do i leave it like that or lower it back down so its flush? Its not a hard job to adjust the pin height but 50/50 how to have it

wegal
Thursday 24th March 2011, 14:23
lol well in theory....

the raised bonnet will increase airflow under the hood and so should help reduce intake or latent heat temps and so should increase power, however at speed the raised bonnet will likely cause a vortex at the edge of the bonnet and prevent airflow through the engine bay, increasing drag and reducing power output.

Any way a raised bonnet just makes it look like its had a badly repaired front end shunt... my vote.,,,,, bonnet down

t5_monkey
Thursday 24th March 2011, 14:41
but we is chav on here innit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 14:48
I say leaving it. it will reduce power and increase drag giving the rest of us a chance :-p

Also I think you should get some massive 22" rims with wide tyres, fit a loud 5kw sound system, a lounge sofa, a chilled wine bar and a fat bird.

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 18:49
lol well in theory....

the raised bonnet will increase airflow under the hood and so should help reduce intake or latent heat temps and so should increase power, however at speed the raised bonnet will likely cause a vortex at the edge of the bonnet and prevent airflow through the engine bay, increasing drag and reducing power output.

Any way a raised bonnet just makes it look like its had a badly repaired front end shunt... my vote.,,,,, bonnet down
even with the bonnet flush i've cleared everything from the back so got plenty of ventilation, intake is from outside the engine bay so purely cosmetic. Looks like it'll be going back flush

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 18:56
I say leaving it. it will reduce power and increase drag giving the rest of us a chance :-p
from what i've heard you'll be racing the Pissat this year so don't stand a chance anyway, sorry low blow but couldn't resist

Also I think you should get some massive 22" rims with wide tyres, fit a loud 5kw sound system, a lounge sofa, a chilled wine bar and a fat bird.
BT had the rims & stereo, i don't drink wine & refuse to comment about any fat birds (rumours i tell you, all rumours lol)

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:02
As Bt will look a bit diff anyway, be interesting to see it raised, least that way if it dont look right we can all say " would nt of done that" or if realy confused have one side flat and other raised, then park it as to your mood..LOL , need anymore helpful advice loads of people say i am full of it ( pressuming they mean knowledge)..LOL

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:07
As Bt will look a bit diff anyway, be interesting to see it raised, least that way if it dont look right we can all say " would nt of done that" or if realy confused have one side flat and other raised, then park it as to your mood..LOL , need anymore helpful advice loads of people say i am full of it ( pressuming they mean knowledge)..LOL
i forgot to post the picture lol, its not overly high & once the bonnet is black i don't think you'll notice it really

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Body/DSCF0004.jpg

LiamT4
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:11
Don't bother mate, just looks like a knackered bonnet.

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:14
Don't bother mate, just looks like a knackered bonnet.
it is knackered, pulling the internal reinforcement off had marked it quite alot lol. I'm just to lazy to adjust the bonnet pins which is why i thought about leaving it high lol

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:19
What you need is the bonnet raised like that and have the nos kit you had psssshhhhhhhing out from the gap.....hold on even better, have a blue neon strip there so when the nos comes out its blue......yes , i have just taken the morphine tab, LMAO...

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:29
What you need is the bonnet raised like that and have the nos kit you had psssshhhhhhhing out from the gap.....hold on even better, have a blue neon strip there so when the nos comes out its blue......yes , i have just taken the morphine tab, LMAO...
i did think about nos again but got other plans now :firedevil & there defo won't be any heavy neon's going on lol.

This morphine is a good excuse to cover up for some of the ideas you come out with ;) lol

t5 stealth
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:29
personally i think leave it down in the factory position,
i think it will get a lot of unwanted water etc on the wrong side of the bulkhead,
the bonnet seals the area below the screen from excess water etc,and as the fuse box is right below that open area you could make future probs,
and i also think it looks like the bonnet isnt fitted properly lol,
sorry mate :)

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:36
personally i think leave it down in the factory position,
i think it will get a lot of unwanted water etc on the wrong side of the bulkhead,
the bonnet seals the area below the screen from excess water etc,and as the fuse box is right below that open area you could make future probs,
and i also think it looks like the bonnet isnt fitted properly lol,
sorry mate :)
no need to appologise mate, i put the poll up to get everyone's opinion as i'm not sure myself

as for the bonnet sealing the engine bay, not on BT it doesn't mate & thats with it flush lol
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Engine%20Bay/36217_1466884868016_1110365021_1355813_7460373_n.j pg

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:36
i did think about nos again but got other plans now :firedevil & there defo won't be any heavy neon's going on lol.

This morphine is a good excuse to cover up for some of the ideas you come out with ;) lol

I use this for many excuses, covers a whole range of things...LOL

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:38
I use this for many excuses, covers a whole range of things...LOL
it has been noticed lol

t5 stealth
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:43
no need to appologise mate, i put the poll up to get everyone's opinion as i'm not sure myself

as for the bonnet sealing the engine bay, not on BT it doesn't mate & thats with it flush lol
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Engine%20Bay/36217_1466884868016_1110365021_1355813_7460373_n.j pg

OH
i stand corrected lol
:)

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:45
OH
i stand corrected lol
:)
it was all too heavy lol, & i want to try & get as much air moving as possible

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:48
from what i've heard you'll be racing the Pissat this year so don't stand a chance anyway, sorry low blow but couldn't resist

I doubt the passat will last much longer. Need a newer cheaper to run diesel saloon car. Any ideas?

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:54
I doubt the passat will last much longer. Need a newer cheaper to run diesel saloon car. Any ideas?
D5 :beer:

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:00
D5 :beer:

What MPG you get on a 80mph ish run?

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:06
What MPG you get on a 80mph ish run?
i don't go that fast so can't say, currently on 50.2 doing mixed driving

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:08
Could be an idea if the 80mph MPG on a run was around 55MPG. They seem to be cheap enough now

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:10
Could be an idea if the 80mph MPG on a run was around 55MPG. They seem to be cheap enough now
can't see it being far off. I paid £2.5k & my old man paid £3k for his, he's got more toys on his (phone, TV, nav, heated seats)

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:12
I'd need my creature comforts so would have to go for one that was fully loaded lol

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:14
I'd need my creature comforts so would have to go for one that was fully loaded lol
Bonny is fully loaded............................................ ...............compared to BT lol

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:20
Limited Edition BT......damn right its limited......no cup holder....no back seat....lol

LiamT4
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:23
Limited Edition BT......damn right its limited......no cup holder....no back seat....lol

Bad boys 1, i believe. Can't really say how that line finishes! lol

p fandango
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:28
Bad boys 1, i believe. Can't really say how that line finishes! lol
sure he finishes with "like a big d*ck on wheels", got to watch it tonight now & find out

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:30
got that bloody song going round my head now " bad boys bad boys what you gonna do" LOL

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:32
is that the one with the shelby cobra in, that was always my dream car but an original one, dont think they are to expensive...........LOL

LiamT4
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:33
sure he finishes with "like a big d*ck on wheels", got to watch it tonight now & find out

I think it goes "i guess we're just the balls, just dragging the **** along!"

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:37
or is it " this is just a big shiny D**k with its balls dragging behind" something like that or your right ...

LiamT4
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:40
or is it " this is just a big shiny D**k with its balls dragging behind" something like that or your right ...

Maybe both, it has been a while since i watched it.

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:42
same here, either way i think we re in the right direction...LOL

Santa
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:42
Either way its a classic. (As is number 2......me and a mate have threatened to do the drunken uncle thing if daughter brings a boy home).

kee1173
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:47
Funny i have said the same ....LOl wonder how many dads with daughters have had the same thought...absolute classic.....either that or copy the sound of music and send her to a nunnery on top of a Austrian mountain...been threatening my daughter with that for years.... LOL

Crazy_C
Thursday 24th March 2011, 22:07
I say keep it flush. U int a chav bruv so don't go tryn 2 fink u iz, innit?

nobananas
Thursday 24th March 2011, 23:24
Where are these 'cheap' D5's that keep getting mentioned ? I can't find a V70 with sub 150k for less then about 4 grand at the moment !

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 24th March 2011, 23:53
Where are these 'cheap' D5's that keep getting mentioned ? I can't find a V70 with sub 150k for less then about 4 grand at the moment !
Think they're getting mixed up with knackered S60R AWDs :D

:hidesbehi

p fandango
Friday 25th March 2011, 02:32
both ours are S60's, saloons always go for less than estates. Mine came with 147k miles & old mans had 113k.

We had to go to Derby so a small independant garage for mine & was the first one we'd seen. When it came to my old mans we went & viewed a few overpriced nails (DMF's gone, high mile ex-taxi's) first but spotted this one on Autotrader which was local, closer look of the pictures & realised it was being sold by my cousin (from my dads side of the family) who runs a small car sales business lol

p fandango
Friday 25th March 2011, 02:34
Think they're getting mixed up with knackered S60R AWDs :D
or atleast parts getting robbed off the cheap D5's to go onto the knackered R's lol

Santa
Friday 25th March 2011, 10:00
Well this is why a S60D5 would be perfect, rob bits off it to keep the S60R running :-p

LeeT5
Friday 25th March 2011, 14:46
IMO it looks nasty up. Why can't you just remove the bonnet seal next to the scuttle? That will allow engine bay heat to escape and not look daft in the process!

I have done just that to mine now that summer is just round the corner. i tested it in the cold winter months but found the engine took longer to warm up and therefore increased fuel consumption. Not an issue in the summer :)

When it gets cold again i will just refit the seal and keep all the nasty weather out and let the engine warm up quicker.

p fandango
Friday 25th March 2011, 15:05
IMO it looks nasty up. Why can't you just remove the bonnet seal next to the scuttle? That will allow engine bay heat to escape and not look daft in the process!

I have done just that to mine now that summer is just round the corner. i tested it in the cold winter months but found the engine took longer to warm up and therefore increased fuel consumption. Not an issue in the summer :)

When it gets cold again i will just refit the seal and keep all the nasty weather out and let the engine warm up quicker.
the seal & the whole scuttle panel are already in the bin, the only reason its up is because i can't be bothered to adjust the bonnet pins to set the height right lol

flyingbrick
Friday 25th March 2011, 22:03
lol well in theory....

ya wot

flyingbrick
Friday 25th March 2011, 22:10

looks wrong !!!!!!!!!
But wrong is good lol.............me thinks.......

p fandango
Saturday 26th March 2011, 06:23
looks wrong !!!!!!!!!
But wrong is good lol.............me thinks.......
lmao, from the front or side you can't see the gap anyway