PDA

View Full Version : standard boost gauge/lacks GO...

biggbn
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 12:27
hi guys, loving my recently aquired 854 t5r, but as i said in the thread in general it doesnt feel to have the OOMPH factor it should..the car has been trundled around town for the last 15 years used as a school run and shopping car..really, i ask ya... my standard boost gauge only goes a swee bit into the white section. car feels smooth and isnt slow, but it doesnt feel t5 fast.

was gonna look at actuator, also seem to remember someone saying disconnecting battery would reset ecu as it may have 'learned' the last owners drivng style...is that ££££££???

engine is smooth, turbo seems in great nick..any other advice welcome... gbn

Ed.
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 13:20
A std t5 should boost 1/2 way into the white of the std boost gauge. Check the vac and boost hoses and ideally perform a stage 0 service on the car. This should bring the performance back up to standard.

The ecu is one of the earlier ones, bosch 4.3 so is not fully adaptive. Unplugging the ecu won't make a massive difference.

Leave the actuator for now.

Ed

smithy
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 15:08
hi guys, loving my recently aquired 854 t5r, but as i said in the thread in general it doesnt feel to have the OOMPH factor it should..the car has been trundled around town for the last 15 years used as a school run and shopping car..really, i ask ya... my standard boost gauge only goes a swee bit into the white section. car feels smooth and isnt slow, but it doesnt feel t5 fast.

was gonna look at actuator, also seem to remember someone saying disconnecting battery would reset ecu as it may have 'learned' the last owners drivng style...is that ££££££???

engine is smooth, turbo seems in great nick..any other advice welcome... gbn

i would do a stage 0 tune first then get a 304 remap for 150 pounds off hlm and tighten the actuator abit then the needle will be at the4 end of the white line and keep up with todays comparsion cars.

T5frankie
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 16:24
as i said earlier the same as mine was, your actuator will just need tightening a little, easy job once the heat shield is off