PDA

View Full Version : my brakes

WOODY T5
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 22:41
my brakes was squealing and the pads whey shoot to so fitted some ferodo ds pads fitted them as u would pushed the piston back used cooper slip just been out in it and the brakes are still squealing and spongy so thinking new disc and pads wots good on the market at the mo anyone

LiamT4
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 22:59
Sometimes new pads can sqeak a bit while they wear in.

If the discs have a lot of wear on them, the new pads will wear to the grooves and lips on the old discs so when you get new disc the pads won't be getting full contact.

I like ebc stuff, but everybody else hates them. lol
I seem to be the only person who didn't have any problems with them.

Mintex seems ok.
Had a mate with black diamond and they were sh*te.
Never known anyone to have issues with normal brembo and ferodo pads.

JelT5
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 23:04
I had EBCs and yellowstuff pads on my V70 and they were great; good value and stopping power. Never had any probs with them at all like Liam.

Got Brembos and OMPs on The Shed and they seem to be ok.

LiamT4
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 23:14
I had EBCs and yellowstuff pads on my V70 and they were great; good value and stopping power. Never had any probs with them at all like Liam.

Got Brembos and OMPs on The Shed and they seem to be ok.

Hooray, i'm not the only one!

Redbrick
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 23:38
my brakes was squealing and the pads whey shoot to so fitted some ferodo ds pads fitted them as u would pushed the piston back used cooper slip just been out in it and the brakes are still squealing and spongy so thinking new disc and pads wots good on the market at the mo anyone

When did you last change your brake fluid?

Did you take the cap off the reservoir before you pushed the piston back?

Are you 100% sure you've fitted the anti rattle spring correctly- certainly on the P2's it's easy to get it wrong and then have a spongy brake pedal?

I didn't get on with Yellowstuff at all on my P2 as I found them dangerously inconsistent and Greenstuff are only fit for push bikes. ;)

WOODY T5
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 23:42
fluid was done last year. but it didnt take reservoir cap off think i have some air there now?

leet5r
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 00:19
av got plod spec pads and gen volov 302s on the front m8 , work well but with your power ad use a faster rd and track spec pads

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 02:26
you need self adhesive shims - to stop your brakes from squealing.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1277

t5 pete
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 10:14
Ive always used genuine volvo pads and have never had a problem with them at all also next time you go to shove the brake piston back its best to either realse the nipple or take the cap off as said before as if not it can cause unnessary pressure on seals

LiamT4
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 23:05
EBC greenstuff should only be used on tiny little chav mobiles, as they are sh*te.
I had grooved and drilled discs with redstuff pads and my mate had genuine volvo discs and pads on a virtually identical car (both auto t4s) and the difference when braking from high speeds, repetedly, was huge. The redstuff were far better.

t5 stealth
Thursday 24th March 2011, 03:27
iv got yellow stuff all round on mine,
havnt had a single problem with them,
iv only ever heard them squeel a couple of aplications of brake after getting very hot coming off a track,then they have never done it again since.

LiamT4
Thursday 24th March 2011, 19:41
iv got yellow stuff all round on mine,
havnt had a single problem with them,
iv only ever heard them squeel a couple of aplications of brake after getting very hot coming off a track,then they have never done it again since.

What discs did you use with them? and what are they like for brake dust. The redstuff have very little, a lot less than the ferodos than were on before them.

t5 stealth
Thursday 24th March 2011, 20:35
What discs did you use with them? and what are they like for brake dust. The redstuff have very little, a lot less than the ferodos than were on before them.

i got tarox drilled and grooved discs,
and havnt noticed any excessive dust ,no diffrent to any other brand pad to be honest,