PDA

View Full Version : actuator

T5frankie
Sunday 20th March 2011, 16:50
my actuator rod was a little loose and the boost felt sluggish so took the heat shield off (will not be going back on) lol, does the rod need to go further in or out? because it was as far in as i could get it because of the other end of the rod would not go any closer (if that makes sense?)

T5frankie
Sunday 20th March 2011, 20:00
thanks for the help ladies ive done it myself and the car now drives spot on pulls alot harder

p fandango
Sunday 20th March 2011, 20:04
sorry just realised you asked me about it in BT's thread, i've never messed with actuators so no idea

Jamest5r
Sunday 20th March 2011, 20:38
thanks for the help ladies ive done it myself and the car now drives spot on pulls alot harder

Your welcome mate lol, thought you were leaving it standard? ecu coming?,

You will soon realise the 850 is a better car lol.

T5frankie
Sunday 20th March 2011, 21:06
Your welcome mate lol, thought you were leaving it standard? ecu coming?,

You will soon realise the 850 is a better car lol.

i should let you drive my saffy mate then you will see why i prefer that the t5-r is very slow and soft and smooth and quiet which the saffy is none of those raw and rapid and aint an auto i may go for a red manual 850r next lol

Joolz_850R
Monday 21st March 2011, 14:00
Hi Frank,

Out of interest how far did you wind the actuator in? Im asking in reference to the issues i am seeing?

T5frankie
Monday 21st March 2011, 14:40
Hi Frank,

Out of interest how far did you wind the actuator in? Im asking in reference to the issues i am seeing?

how far up the boost gauge is the needle going? im actually adjusting mine now lol its easy

Joolz_850R
Monday 21st March 2011, 18:56
I have adjusted mine with approx 4 psi pressure on the gate and wound the clevis to fit the wastegate.

At the moment my car is running about 5psi. the gauge in the car is showing close to halfway into the white.

Im not sure if winding the actuator further in is the right thing to get the extra boost required????

T5frankie
Monday 21st March 2011, 19:12
I have adjusted mine with approx 4 psi pressure on the gate and wound the clevis to fit the wastegate.

At the moment my car is running about 5psi. the gauge in the car is showing close to halfway into the white.

Im not sure if winding the actuator further in is the right thing to get the extra boost required????

it should be at least half way if not a tad more mine is now 3/4 into the white
you should pop over ill see if your car is running right, you got a boost gauge then?

Joolz_850R
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 13:57
Ive got a pressure gauge. Its not a true boost gauge but gives a reasonable indication I think. Are you about over the weekend? Your only about 10mins from me.

cherry1809
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 18:12
As a rule of thumb, I always found one turn was about 1psi on the actuator.
Mines wound up so it shows to the end of the white (On the old pod) Now showing 14psi on the boost gauge.