PDA

View Full Version : S60 Performance!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 22:15
Hey everyone, i've just been out for a little play in my new S60 T5 and all i can say is WOW at the performance.It all seems so effortless too, everythings a lot smoother,quieter than my S70, i managed to achieve 100mph in 3rd, 120 in 4th, and it hurtled on to 140 in no time but the M1 was a tad busy to push it further, but 1st impressions of it are excellent, deffo recommend one so far, plus it's saying i'm averaging 31.8mpg too.

Majesticpower
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 23:30
plus it's saying i'm averaging 31.8mpg too.:jaw:

Christ i averag 20mpg. No more then 24. Though i d drive with a heavy foot.

Is it just me or is the 'average speed' display pointless? What does your average speed measure?

MP.

dave
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 00:27
:jaw:

Christ i averag 20mpg. No more then 24. Though i d drive with a heavy foot.

Is it just me or is the 'average speed' display pointless? What does your average speed measure?

MP.

maybe it measures your average speed! ,lol

you will find if you get a higher avg speed your fuel cosumption will be better

dave

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 01:29
Aint checked all the functions yet, but i drove about 90 miles since i filled up and the guage has hardly moved yet - so i guess 30mpg cud be right - most of it was at 80mph - its early days yet so will report back. Majestic can you email me a pic or put 1 on the message of your car please.

Majesticpower
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 23:08
Majestic can you email me a pic or put 1 on the message of your car please.
Sorry mate i dont quite follow what it is your wanting?

If its a pic of the average speed display its located on the left side of the eletronic display on the dash, when you twist the indicator handle switch- if u know what i mean! lol

Hard to explain at this time of night. :slap:

MP.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 23:32
I want pics of the car m8 not display lol, i wanna compare.

Majesticpower
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 23:40
i wanna compare.

Compare as in 'mines bigger thens yours' kind of thing? :bog:

I have pics of my car in an old thread.

Ill locate it for you if u cant find it. It should be on the second or third page.

MP.

mickys60t5
Monday 15th August 2005, 16:54
Hey everyone, i've just been out for a little play in my new S60 T5 and all i can say is WOW at the performance.It all seems so effortless too, everythings a lot smoother,quieter than my S70, i managed to achieve 100mph in 3rd, 120 in 4th, and it hurtled on to 140 in no time but the M1 was a tad busy to push it further, but 1st impressions of it are excellent, deffo recommend one so far, plus it's saying i'm averaging 31.8mpg too.

hi again tds3 i had a little play in my t5 the other day with 3 in the car of course on a private road :shhh: and i was doing 160 and it was still going will try for 165 or more soon with optimax in and 1 less body oyea left a impreza sti standing dont under stand why mags like max power dont have volvos in would show up alot of the cars they have in them

Andy
Monday 15th August 2005, 17:41

MP.

Majestic,

The average speed function measures speeds done between each reset of the trip computer.

Majesticpower
Monday 15th August 2005, 19:08
Majestic,

The average speed function measures speeds done between each reset of the trip computer.
Oh right.

Well mine says im averaging 30mph. I would have thought it would be quicker.

So thats why i was wondering what it says on your cars? Mind u i suppose the stop and go of London city driving would average it to around that thinking about it.

M.

steveT5
Monday 15th August 2005, 20:26
Mine averages about 28 and i very often drive above 100

dave
Monday 15th August 2005, 21:04
mine avg's 38 mph, and i dont need to drive over 100mph to get that fig!

dave

lance
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 09:37
Serious s60 R 38mpg you must be sitting behind lorrys on cruise control to do that at 56mph ! :jaw:

dave
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 17:13
Serious s60 R 38mpg you must be sitting behind lorrys on cruise control to do that at 56mph ! :jaw:

lol, read my post again mate. !!, "mph" not mpg

dave