PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem

KPB
Friday 18th March 2011, 11:22
Turned on my rear fog lights for the first time yesterday (only had the car a few months) and my interior light came on and 'Driver side door open' appeared on info centre. Very odd. The door was secured properly.

Any ideas?

wegal
Friday 18th March 2011, 14:54
my best guess would be a bad earth somewhere.

v70torslanda
Saturday 19th March 2011, 14:52
Poetic justice if the visibility was greater than 100 yards!

The WORST and most misused 'innovation' ever! Bar none!

In 30 years driving and over half a million miles driven I can't think of a single instance when they would have been any use whatsoever. Front fog lights are little better. . .

T5Rdragon
Saturday 19th March 2011, 16:25

In 30 years driving and over half a million miles driven I can't think of a single instance when they would have been any use whatsoever. Front fog lights are little better. . .

You forgot the "bah humbug" ;)

KPB
Saturday 19th March 2011, 18:03

Nope - about 50 yards and I was approaching a queue of traffic where people approach very quickly from behind, and to be fair - I turn em off again when they arent needed!

Never bother with the fronts. If people can't see the two big bloomin headlights then they wont notice two small spots underneath.

wegal
Monday 21st March 2011, 09:53
i thought you where supposed to put them on in heavy rain and spray on the motorway, you know just to make sure there is an accident behind you, that way you dont get your car damaged.......

straight5
Monday 21st March 2011, 13:58
Always put the front ones on in thick fog, as there's nothing I like better than seeing my own light being reflected back into my eyes.

On a serious note I wonder if all this night vision technology on new cars will do any good in the fog?

jez.w
Monday 21st March 2011, 14:04

Totally agree with you, so many people drive with them on in the rain too, very distratcting and unnecessary to have them on. I have never used mine n over 20 years.

SomeBloke
Friday 25th March 2011, 21:56
Sorry all, but I like people putting their fog lights on in weather that doesn't need them.
It makes it dead easy to spot who is going to change lanes without checking, cut you up on a roundabout or stop for no reason at a clear junction.

Front and rear d**k head lights are really a good invention, before you had no clue who couldn't drive, apart from them being in the middle lane on motorways......

:)

LeeT5
Saturday 26th March 2011, 10:33
Getting back on topic!!

You have a bad earth on the rear fog wiring. Check the earth in the boot that connects the rear tail light harness and bulbs. Undo, spray with cleaner and re tighten all the connections you can find.
One of them will be the culprit.