PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control not working

STEVO RRR
Thursday 17th March 2011, 22:23
Anyone help with this?Just back from a visit to London from my home in Aberdeen.A round trip of approximately 1100 miles despatched with aplomb but I noticed my cruise control wasnt working.The `Cruise` light comes on on the dash but there is no control.Not a biggie I know but any help would be great.

I`ve recently had work done in the CEM and I changed the Reverse switch under the airbox but I dont know how this system works.

Car is a 2003 S60R.

Cheers
Steve

v70torslanda
Friday 18th March 2011, 01:01
Favourite is the 'clutch switch' on the pedal cluster. Known to fail, it switches the cruise off when you depress the clutch pedal. Confusingly, IIRC, although it is operated by the clutch it is mounted above the accelerator.

Fault code read should pinpoint it . . .

HTH

j

<EDIT> I it's geartronic the fault could be in the brakelight switch

straight5
Friday 18th March 2011, 09:16
Mine has started playing up. Normally I would press cruise button and then press the + button and then take my foot off the accelerator. However at this point the speed just drops away as it would if you just took your foot off the power normally. I did find this problem was hit or miss, and also that I had better luck if I pressed the - button after pressing cruise. Due to the problem being flaky rather than not there at all I assumed it was probably a full on electronics fault and not much I could do about it. As opposed to a fuse which I would assume would be all or nothing.

STEVO RRR
Saturday 19th March 2011, 19:29
Favourite is the 'clutch switch' on the pedal cluster. Known to fail, it switches the cruise off when you depress the clutch pedal. Confusingly, IIRC, although it is operated by the clutch it is mounted above the accelerator.

Fault code read should pinpoint it . . .

HTH

j

<EDIT> I it's geartronic the fault could be in the brakelight switch

Thanks for that mate.I heard it was above the brake pedal but you`re probably right.I`ll put her into Volvo fro a diagnosis but I`ll change it myself.

Steve.

Jimmie
Saturday 19th March 2011, 19:37
Will be there mon ,might see you there.